Current Grandeur pictures

Here is a picture taken by a friend, Debbie who was on the April 25th cruise. The pictures were taken on Thursday. She says the crew has recovered and was taking wonderful care of them. No more compensation was offered besides the $300.

Grandeur.JPG.05ab826fdd502f5fce8e9cd357f2517c.JPG

I hope they are planning to spruce that up a bit! Looks like the insurance cut them off mid repair or something! :eek:

Either that or Carquest is still trying to fill RCL's order for a couple of tons of Bondo. LOL

I´m quite sure it´s just a temp fix until the next dry dock.

The Grandeur's next scheduled drydock is not expected to be until summer 2006 at the earliest if RCCL makes the decision to stretch the Grandeur the same way Enchantment is being stretched next month. That's a long time to wait to fix the damaged area. It's not just cosmetically ugly, there is still an actual indentation in the ship's hull that no paint job is going to fix. If for nothing other than PR reasons, RCCL should not put off any permanent repairs to this ship. I think it should be done before the Baltimore sailings begin but that looks highly unlikely now. I hope she holds up in the rough Atlantic seas that she's sure to encounter on a regular basis, not to mention any possible hurricanes.

That has got to be embarassing driving that ship around with that ugly dent on it. I would have hated to have to show my boss what I did when I got back home with the ship:eek:

I guess I haven't been keeping up. What happened to Grandeur?? I was on her last May and I hadn't heard anything about something happening? Can somebody clue me in?

She struck the pier at Costa Maya last week while docking and tore a hole in its hull. The pictures you saw at the top of this thread show what the damaged area looks like after repairs were performed in Costa Maya prior to the ship returning to New Orleans last Monday.

That has got to be embarassing driving that ship around with that ugly dent on it. I would have hated to have to show my boss what I did when I got back home with the ship:eek:

Reminds me of a time we were in port on a ship. Wish I could remember which port and ship. Doesn't matter though.

There was a member of the crew painting the trim on the ship. He spilled the bucket of green paint all the way down the side of the ship. I couldn't help but laugh. I am sure he got in big trouble for that one.

Bobbie

Archived