Current Grandeur pictures

Just curious, why were you tendering in Cozumel, she usually ties up to the pier. Was it because of the late change in itinerary and too many ships to make it to the pier or was the Captain gun shy about trying to dock her again?

Jeff: There were six ships there when we arrived and needless to say, we weren't suppose to be there that day. The Voyager, Exployer, Splendor (I think it was Splendor), Carnival Miracle, Fasinication & Holiday were all docked when we arrived.

The only "bad" thing about the tenders were they were not the ships so local merchants were on all of them harrassing the passengers to buy their jewelry, puppets, blankets, etc. and you were virtually trapped and couldn't get away from them!

Jeff: There were six ships there when we arrived and needless to say, we weren't suppose to be there that day. The Voyager, Exployer, Splendor (I think it was Splendor), Carnival Miracle, Fasinication & Holiday were all docked when we arrived.

The only "bad" thing about the tenders were they were not the ships so local merchants were on all of them harrassing the passengers to buy their jewelry, puppets, blankets, etc. and you were virtually trapped and couldn't get away from them!

Did you take the tender to Playa de Carmen (sp?) or to Cozumel?

Ali, we tendered to Cozumel. Good thing was we were already downtown so no need to take a cab--we walked everywhere and back to tender!

We were on the ferry to Playa and they had those vendors on that too. It was the same ferry we used 2 years ago when on GOS to go to Playa. Those to Playa must be contracted because that is about a 20 minute ride and I wouldn't want to be on one of those ship's tenders for that long (much larger boat to Playa.) One good thing about the vendors was we had a couple beers on our trip back to the ship!

I assume it's not Captain Bang? ;)

Captain Bang is still on the Navigator I believe. I will have to look at my daily newsletter to refresh...I think his last name was like Hamacker or something like that, I'll check.

Good Morning Everyone. I just returned yesterday from Granduer (wished I could have stayed on till Baltimore)

Capt. Hakan Admarker is still at the helm, he took full responsibility, however the pilots that were guiding him in and those on land did not fully know the scope of the currents that eventually pushed the ship into the pier. I do not believe he will lose his post. The staff and crew are wonderful!! TOP SERVICE from everyone on the ship EXCEPT THE BEAUTY PARLOR (one not so nice lady from Jamaica who did my nails). She was great till she found out I was not doing the $40 treatment.. only the $25 one. Not even a hand massage for that!! oh well.

Went back another time to get a wash and set for pictures at the 2nd formal night and this woman was GREAT!!!

Dining Room, Windjammer, Room Service, was GREAT!!! Would I go back IN A HEARTBEAT.. and some $$$. Since the previous pictures were posted they have repainted and the ship looks better, still a bit of a dent but much better.

I heard the previous cruisers also got 50% off their next cruise if they booked on board.

We had a full ship and I did not see anyone having a bad time. We had one big winner on the $5 slot machines, he won $27,000 after putting 1,800 in. But the rest of the slot machines were tight.. Hope this week's cruise is better for the slots.

All in all. Great weather, great staff great ship!! Wish I were still on it!!

Hi Fisherlady! Glad to see you made it back ok!

The ship is beautiful and safe. The crew is the BEST of all the cruises I have been on. Never did see the captain, even though our dinner table was right next to his. Apparently he ate in the dining room only one night, and that was 2nd seating. No biggie..was just hoping the waiter would bring us the leftover wines!! lol!

I have pictures posted of the ship....don't let the patch job worry you..I'd sail her again too in a heartbeat!!

After talking with my fellow cruise critic passengers, I discovered that the Windjammer is great for Breakfast and afternoon snacks. I almost always had my lunch in the dining room as well as dinner. However, if you want eggs benedict, go to the dining room for breakfast, otherwise a bigger selection can be had in the Windjammer (don't miss the raspberry danish!!). I would strongly recommend the Quest on Thursday night, its like a scavenger hunt except you don't need to leave the room. Lots of fun. And finally, RCCL needs to figure out a way to add another seating time for dinner. 6:00pm is too early for some, 8:30 is too late for others so I think the dining room staff gets stiffed a lot. I had my picture taken with Captain (didn't buy it) and he was very pleasant. Oh and one observation, I only swam in the pool in the solarium as there were no children allowed under 16 and I observed babies in the pool outside with diapers on.. yuk.. you get the idea right? You will have GRAND TIME!!

I had my picture taken with Captain (didn't buy it) and he was very pleasant.

Those Captain pictures were horrid! I was cracking up because he only showed the "port" side of his face in every picture! I commented on how he was probably trying to hide the dent on the "starboard" side!! :D

Things not to miss:

late night snacks of pizza and burgers in the back corner of the Solarium, The Quest in the South Pacific Lounge (get involved), if you purchase a coffee or an ice cream at Ben & Jerry's, you get a free pastry..try the chocolate cheesecake brownie(!!), BBQ ribs & chicken grilled by the pool on last sea day, and of course, get togethers with your fellow CC members!! :D

Those Captain pictures were horrid! I was cracking up because he only showed the "port" side of his face in every picture! I commented on how he was probably trying to hide the dent on the "starboard" side!! :D

:D

He did that on our cruise too. Every picture, he ACTS like he's looking at a person in the photo or off to the side, but would never look directly at the camera. Weird quirk.

Hey Princess, my mom said she met you & said you're a doll and Queen of everything. Glad that you all had a great time, loved your pictures.

And now for the topic too hot to touch but is always unavoidable.....

There better not be any kids in the pool not trained on our cruise because I have no problem going over to the attendent and hauling them and their parents out. They see the sign but yet figure if no ones says anything then it's okay. The best is when you see children in the hot tubs (I wouldn't go in them anyway because of some of the things I've heard that goes on in them but they just don't belong in them.

Archived