Dod hurricane cups

@Wes... If you really feel this way, I don't, as it's a drink cup ... and while many cruisers have some saved (both hurricane style as well as mason jars). The change from one style to another is not intended to "dumb-down" anything --- it's a change, that's it, something that happens all around us. If you're that frustrated with your perception of the 2.0 and other changes, then you have many other cruise lines to switch to, but if you cruise Carnival, do the rest a favor and please leave your closed attitude on shore, so the rest can enjoy.

@Share... Try less caps (not needed) and drop the added quips and maybe your points will help rather than being seen as they are, just a thought.

B&B

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LOL>> I do agree....2.0 is a change...just the way restaurant chains redo their decor (Ruby Tuesday for instance)....or redo their menu

Hotels add/change their "branding" (sleep number bed for instance)

Not every thing is a conspiracy...JMO

the OP did say "another cutback">> which we went over and over just a day ago on this same topic

that thread about the hurricane cup "change" was overtaken by the "cutback" posts

Thanks for your thoughts

Bravo! Well said Rottie, well said.

To think that people are afraid to post an innocent question for fear of some rude, snide response says a lot about the state of this site unfortunately.

I knew I should have just stayed over on the NCL boards instead of popping over here:rolleyes:

Sorry for the snarky responses here, "MOST" of us here on CC Carnival posts are great people, Anyhow whichever ship your going on I hope you get your hurricane cups! as recently as march I took one home(a red one) from my cruise! Have a great cruise kerrytens

WOW just WOW! You really don't get yourself do you? The OP's question was: "A poster said recently that there are no more drinks of the day in hurricane cups (due to cut backs)...can anyone just getting back from their cruise tell me if this is true???"

They weren't asking about the 2.0 you keep rambling on about. And, yes, posting that the cups are available on certain ships IS helpful to those who will be sailing on those ships. Please, do everyone a favor and move on with your 2.0! LOL:D

No you don't "get it">>> the OP said "due to cutbacks" as if that was a fact...when it is not>> it is NOT due to cutbacks but due to a corporate change in branding

Now....YOU may consider it a cutback but it is a change they put in for 2.0

no way to get over 2.0...it is not "mine"...it is coming to many of the ships

and when it does, they won't have the dod hurricane cups

they will have yards and shooters for purchase at the new Lido "2.0" bars

It's real simple to see if the ship you are sailing on has hurricane cups

if it has not yet had 2.0 renovations...it has the cups

if it has the 2.0...it doesn't have hurricane cups

Whether it is a "cutback" or just a change/update or re-branding may be your opinion I guess but the facts are just what I posted.

LOL>> I do agree....2.0 is a change...just the way restaurant chains redo their decor (Ruby Tuesday for instance)....or redo their menu

Hotels add/change their "branding" (sleep number bed for instance)

Not every thing is a conspiracy...JMO

the OP did say "another cutback">> which we went over and over just a day ago on this same topic

that thread about the hurricane cup "change" was overtaken by the "cutback" posts

Thanks for your thoughts

kinda like burger king. 2011 saw them fall from #2 to #3.

now they are panicking with all their new advertising, and menu items. too bad they got rid of their best buregr though...

and wendys isn't letting up. they are keeping the pressure on.

No you don't "get it">>> the OP said "due to cutbacks" as if that was a fact...when it is not>> it is NOT due to cutbacks but due to a corporate change in branding

Whether it is a "cutback" or just a change/update or re-branding may be your opinion I guess but the facts are just what I posted.

Ya know, not for nothin' Esty I noticed by your signature you have been on a zillion cruises. Some posters on this site ( get ready for it ) have yet to get on their first ship and enjoy their first DOD. If someone is new or even newish to something they can not possibly have the knowledge that a person with experience has. Therefore it behooves the experienced person to supply the novice with guidance and information, not rudeness and snideness. If I were inexperienced at this site or getting ready for my first cruise 2.0 would mean as much to me as consideration seems to mean to you. I am not flaming I am educating you in the same fashion you use to educate the OP. :)

the OP said "due to cutbacks" as if that was a fact...when it is not>> it is NOT due to cutbacks but due to a corporate change in branding

How do you "know"? Are you a Carnival beard??? How do you know it's not a cutback? It could be a cost savings decision based on the number of people that don't care about a cup and just eliminating it to save a few dollars. Or, it could be any number of reasons. Do you sit on the board during decisions?

I think in that case it could be a cutback. Corporations are in business to make shareholders happy. Shareholders are happy when they make money and are pleased with the direction that the company is heading.

You can call it what you want, a change or a cutback, or whatever. The bottom line is that they will save the expense of the plastic trinkets, if that is indeed part of the 2.0 strategy.

I guess but the facts are just what I posted.

Where did you get your facts? Remember, I am asking about facts, not opinions or group collective thoughts. Facts that are provable, beyond any doubt.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

LOL! You really are amazing!!! Let me explain it once again, or try to, as others have. Some new people on CC may not know about your obsession with the 2.0, thus why Becca and the rest of people are saying which ships DO have the DOD cups. Your constant trying to sound like you actually know anything is just becoming more and more boring. For those new readers on here, I suggest that you move on past any of this OP's comments!:D

2.0 is going to take years to roll out. Some ships won't be getting all of 2.0 and some ships won't be getting any part of 2.0.

No worries. Check back in a few years.

DSC_6442.JPG

I love this red one!! will have to add this to our collection this summer.

LOL! You really are amazing!!! Let me explain it once again, or try to, as others have. Some new people on CC may not know about your obsession with the 2.0, thus why Becca and the rest of people are saying which ships DO have the DOD cups. Your constant trying to sound like you actually know anything is just becoming more and more boring. For those new readers on here, I suggest that you move on past any of this OP's comments!:D

I have to cut in to let you know, I LOVE your boxer picture at the bottom, makes me wanna give him a big belly rubbin'

Sorry wayyyyyyyy off subject.

I feel sorry for those that don't have big collections of hurricane glasses stashed at home, but if it really is the same ounce for ounce then it's not a huge deal to me, as long as I can still get my "Funship Specials"

The Disco Glass and the Blowfish look cute, have had my cocomonkey head for a lonnnnnnnnnnng time!! He holds my reciepts from cruises :D

Carole

Guest LoveMyBoxer
I have to cut in to let you know, I LOVE your boxer picture at the bottom, makes me wanna give him a big belly rubbin'

Sorry wayyyyyyyy off subject.

I feel sorry for those that don't have big collections of hurricane glasses stashed at home, but if it really is the same ounce for ounce then it's not a huge deal to me, as long as I can still get my "Funship Specials"

The Disco Glass and the Blowfish look cute, have had my cocomonkey head for a lonnnnnnnnnnng time!! He holds my reciepts from cruises :D

Carole

LOL Thank you about the Boxer! Gave up on collecting those a while back, how many can we possibly store! We did buy the blowfish and disco ball on our last Miracle cruise, they were pretty cool! No monkeyhead here, they creep me out! And you are right, they are all the same size drink, they just more ice in the hurricane/souvenier glasses.

Let me explain it to YOU >>>> I don't have an obsession about 2.0

No one has to say what ships have the DOD cups or hurricane cups....all the ships that don't have 2.0 have them and all ships that have 2.0 renovations do not /will not have them

Simple isn't it??

Guest LoveMyBoxer

:rolleyes:

No one has to say what ships have the DOD cups or hurricane cups....all the ships that don't have 2.0 have them and all ships that have 2.0 renovations do not /will not have them

Simple isn't it??

There are new people on CC who do NOT KNOW what 2.0 is. Again, there are new people on CC who do NOT KNOW what 2.0 is. And if you missed it the last few times, there are new people on CC who do NOT KNOW what 2.0 is. If someone chooses to post which ships still have the DOD cups, I don't believe it is against CC rules to do so. However, you seem to take offense by anyone helping another poster unless they specifically do it YOUR WAY! I suggest you count how many times you have posted 2.0 and then say you don't have an obsession! :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

There are new people on CC who do NOT KNOW what 2.0 is. Again, there are new people on CC who do NOT KNOW what 2.0 is. And if you missed it the last few times, there are new people on CC who do NOT KNOW what 2.0 is. If someone chooses to post which ships still have the DOD cups, I don't believe it is against CC rules to do so. However, you seem to take offense by anyone helping another poster unless they specifically do it YOUR WAY! I suggest you count how many times you have posted 2.0 and then say you don't have an obsession! :rolleyes:

Obsession with 2.0 and swim diapers. Reading Etsy's posts makes me think she's on the spectrum so be kind.

Simple isn't it??

Let me tell you a little bit about simple. Simple is, the OP asks a question about DOD cups availability and you answer that they are only available on ships that have not had 2.0. That's simple and concise. What you have done to this thread is take a "simple" issue, and defying all logic, turn it into an unnecessarily drawn out and convoluted exercise in snarktitude. Any time a post starts with "GEEZE" and ends with "you should have done your homework, you got what you deserved" you just know that no matter how many smileys and LOL's you insert, it was meant to convey condescension and snark.

Ya know, not for nothin' Esty I noticed by your signature you have been on a zillion cruises. Some posters on this site ( get ready for it ) have yet to get on their first ship and enjoy their first DOD. If someone is new or even newish to something they can not possibly have the knowledge that a person with experience has. Therefore it behooves the experienced person to supply the novice with guidance and information, not rudeness and snideness. If I were inexperienced at this site or getting ready for my first cruise 2.0 would mean as much to me as consideration seems to mean to you. I am not flaming I am educating you in the same fashion you use to educate the OP. :)

The OP had to have read the other thread...which was overtaken by the NOTION that the DOD glass was eliminated due to "cutbacks"...OP actually said "cutbacks".....

the information I gave is correct and simple....if you are going on a NON 2.0 ship they have the cups....if they are going on a 2.0 ship they don't/won't...or probably dont since really only Liberty has 2.0

This whole thing started because someone just off Dream said the cups were NO more.....since Dream is next to get 2.0 the logical conclusion is they are out of the cups and not buying more due to the upcoming upgrade

Most cruisers are not going on Liberty (numbers)....so they will hve the cups

Hey I have a collection of them...and others...myself....I in NO way am "against' the cups....but I do get tired of every thread turning into a "cutbacks" thread which is what the other thread turned into

this thread started out with the "cutback" idea too...wonder why???

Good Afternoon, 2.0?

Would a Monkey Head be a DOD glass? Funnel is that a DOD? I bet they are cutbacks, Carnival is cutting lots of things.

No they are not DOD glasses...they have been around , they cost extra.

Carnival added new glasses....a disco ball, a blowfish....that you can also purchase (extra)

on the 2.0 ships they have Yard glasses and shooter cups that light up I heard

again they cost extra

The OP had to have read the other thread...which was overtaken by the NOTION that the DOD glass was eliminated due to "cutbacks"...OP actually said "cutbacks".....

the information I gave is correct and simple....if you are going on a NON 2.0 ship they have the cups....if they are going on a 2.0 ship they don't/won't...or probably dont since really only Liberty has 2.0

This whole thing started because someone just off Dream said the cups were NO more.....since Dream is next to get 2.0 the logical conclusion is they are out of the cups and not buying more due to the upcoming upgrade

Hey I have a collection of them...and others...myself....I in NO way am "against' the cups....but I do get tired of every thread turning into a "cutbacks" thread which is what the other thread turned into

Have you noticed what this thread has ended up being though? Just because you just cant leave it alone already!!:rolleyes: You obviously "dont get" the point that so many are trying to make. YOUR RUDE!! and it clearly states in the CC rules that rude posts are prohibited. Its bad enough around here without your rude posts to the NEW MEMBERS sending them scared and packing.. Now .........I intend on enjoying my beer in Cabo with the rest of my friends..

If someone believes that something being eliminated is due to a "cutback" what possible difference could that belief mean to you?

I have read that cappy's and expresso are no longer free in the Miracle's MDR. Since the Miracle is never going to receive the 2.0 changes could that be a "cutback"?

Perhaps, however I also read the Miracle now offers a brunch on sea days and an appy tasting for free where the sushi was stationed, so some would argue that it is an exchange of one perk for another. I like cappys. I like free ones better. To me personally I would call the elimination of free cappy's a "cutback". You do not have to. You call call it an exchange. My only concern is that you fail to see your rudeness to other posters who dare to ask a question you seem to feel has been asked and answered already to YOUR satisfaction. Some people actually believe that the 2.0 upgrades are "cutbacks" of other traditional perks. And guess what ...they have every right to believe that even if you do not.

You do not have to agree with me but you should be aware that people find you rude. Cyber bullying is nasty, and I hope you do not intend to bully those who are

A - less informed

B - less experienced

C - less obnoxious than you!!!!!

If someone believes that something being eliminated is due to a "cutback" what possible difference could that belief mean to you?

I have read that cappy's and expresso are no longer free in the Miracle's MDR. Since the Miracle is never going to receive the 2.0 changes could that be a "cutback"?

Perhaps, however I also read the Miracle now offers a brunch on sea days and an appy tasting for free where the sushi was stationed, so some would argue that it is an exchange of one perk for another. I like cappys. I like free ones better. To me personally I would call the elimination of free cappy's a "cutback". You do not have to. You call call it an exchange. My only concern is that you fail to see your rudeness to other posters who dare to ask a question you seem to feel has been asked and answered already to YOUR satisfaction. Some people actually believe that the 2.0 upgrades are "cutbacks" of other traditional perks. And guess what ...they have every right to believe that even if you do not.

You do not have to agree with me but you should be aware that people find you rude. Cyber bullying is nasty, and I hope you do not intend to bully those who are

A - less informed

B - less experienced

There's a reason Sharecruiser was banned from another cruise message board. Perhaps it was due to the same type of posting she's doing here. Google Search the user name.

There's a reason Sharecruiser was banned from another cruise message board. Perhaps it was due to the same type of posting she's doing here. Google Search the user name.

How badly do you have to behave online in order for Google to find your obscure user name? LOL.

A - less informed

B - less experienced

I find the name calling against me much more rude

I don't do that to others

I feel bullied here myself LOL

I find the name calling against me much more rude

I don't do that to others

I feel bullied here myself LOL

After the chaos you've caused in this thread, I'll never take another one of your posts seriously. I believe that you spend way too much time believing your own hype.

Archived