Dod hurricane cups

Sorry Esty if some of us don't hang on you every blog! I wanted to know the same thing and I f having to answer it again (wrongly) offends you, why bother?

To the rest of you patient souls, thanks for the answers.

No I answered it correctly..all this ships that do not yet have 2.0 have the hurricane cups ...the ships that have 2.0 (so far only Liberty) do not

It was "reported" that Dream no longer has them...but then Dream is the NEXT ship to undergo "2.0" renovations...so it makes sense that they may have not ordered more for Dream

There is no proof this is a "cutback", just a "decision"....some may like it some may not.

I can't wait to get my first DOD in a hurricane on Legend in three weeks!!! And yes I'll post photos of said drink, seeing that there are those who are naysayers ;-)

I don't see any "naysayers">>> Legend will have the hurricane cups....since it has not yet undergone the 2.0 "renovation"

so enjoy

WOW kinda snippy about it

I do have one question thou, why be rude about it

Nothing RUDE about posting simple facts...that have been posted over and over....just posted in another similar thread

There is no great "mystery" about the hurricane cups. When Liberty unveiled 2.0 we learned about this.

For those about to cruise i..unless it is on Liberty (and now maybe Dream) they will have the cups...

until the ship undergoes 2.0 renovation.

Simple isn't it?? When people return from a cruise it is not newsworthy to hear they "have the cups">>> of course they do until the ship gets 2.0

I guess everyone should book the Miracle -- is NOT scheduled for any 2.0 last check!

The ship was full of them and the disco balls and monkeys and fish cups!

We brought home little shot glasses that lightup!

I also did buy a hurricane cup at a goodwill store as well as a St. Thomas cup to hold more and more seashells from down by the seashore !

2.0 is going to take years to roll out. Some ships won't be getting all of 2.0 and some ships won't be getting any part of 2.0.

No worries. Check back in a few years.

the way i read this is there's a benefit to not rolling out the 2.0 switch quickly to replace burgers with burgers, and bars with bars, and non smoking outside lido decks, so that people can continue to get their 10 cent cups.

It's getting sooooooo old!

For people that truly "tick" you off, there is a "ignore" button in your user panel that allows you to never see their comments again.. I have a nice little collection, and it make reading threads so nice.... Lots of one liners that say this person or that has been "hidden"... Great option!

Nothing RUDE about posting simple facts...that have been posted over and over....just posted in another similar thread

There is no great "mystery" about the hurricane cups. When Liberty unveiled 2.0 we learned about this.

For those about to cruise i..unless it is on Liberty (and now maybe Dream) they will have the cups...

Simple isn't it?? When people return from a cruise it is not newsworthy to hear they "have the cups">>> of course they do until the ship gets 2.0

Facts are one thing, but insinuating all other posts mean zip is simply rude.

All this snarkyness over a stupid 5 cent plastic cup, OK so you are the know all of Carnival hurricane cups. good job in enlightening all us fellow cruisers in your vast knowledge of ugly plastic cups.

Wow, so not only are you a TA, but now you're a board moderator? None of yo' damn biznass what folks want to ask and post. If you are so damned tired of having to come in and correct everyone, let me help you out by offering this advice: ignore the thread! Believe it or not, life on these boards will continue to thrive without you interjecting your little self-righteous zingers at folks. It's getting sooooooo old!

I agree !!!! You put it just right!

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Wow, so not only are you a TA, but now you're a board moderator? None of yo' damn biznass what folks want to ask and post. If you are so damned tired of having to come in and correct everyone, let me help you out by offering this advice: ignore the thread! Believe it or not, life on these boards will continue to thrive without you interjecting your little self-righteous zingers at folks. It's getting sooooooo old!

Spot on Becca! This poster"s snarky, rude remarks, is what makes some stay away from cruise critic! If you don't have anything useful to contribute to a posting, then just move on!

What may not be considered "newsworthy" to you, may well be "newsworthy" to those that read this thread for information, not to nitpick it..

Posting info isnt rude. Who cares if they ask over and over.

Starting off with "Geese, it was clearly........"

Thats rude. Of course you don't and wont see it that way. The rest of us are all wrong in seeing it of course right?

You are one of the worst offenders here on CC and of course they let you keep on doing it. You give this place a bad vibe but people like you are a protected species around here.

Facts are one thing, but insinuating all other posts mean zip is simply rude.

Rude?? no just simple logic

If you go on a ship that has not had 2.0 renovations, you can get the hurricane cup

2.0 ship...it is not there

People planning to sail on Liberty have lots of stuff to look forward to but no Hurricane cups

Posting that they have "hurricane cups on the Valor/Spirit/Imagination/Pride etc is about as newsworthy as posting that they had napkins and toilet paper on said ships...of course they do.

Now THAT is just plain rude. And unnecessary. Present the information please. There are new cruisers here. It appears you are trying to chase them away. If a question offends you or appears stupid, THEN DON'T ANSWER. Or better yet, DON'T EVEN OPEN THE THREAD.

I am not a new cruiser, but group leader for 10 new cruisers. I recommended this site but 2 of them have already said they are nervous about a response they might get to a question. Makes it kinda tuff after reading responses like this!

baf

Guest LoveMyBoxer

If you go on a ship that has not had 2.0 renovations, you can get the hurricane cup

People planning to sail on Liberty have lots of stuff to look forward to but no Hurricane cups

Posting that they have "hurricane cups on the Valor/Spirit/Imagination/Pride etc is about as newsworthy as posting that they had napkins and toilet paper on said ships...of course they do.

WOW just WOW! You really don't get yourself do you? The OP's question was: "A poster said recently that there are no more drinks of the day in hurricane cups (due to cut backs)...can anyone just getting back from their cruise tell me if this is true???"

They weren't asking about the 2.0 you keep rambling on about. And, yes, posting that the cups are available on certain ships IS helpful to those who will be sailing on those ships. Please, do everyone a favor and move on with your 2.0! LOL:D

Rebecca, what happened to your 1st comment on this post...I kinda liked it and now poof...gone :(

Rebecca, what happened to your 1st comment on this post...I kinda liked it and now poof...gone :(

Somebody has went crying to the mods about un-nice posts I'm guessing, and soon all our post will be missing and will be locked out for a few weeks.

again, you really don't get it do you? Its one thing to post the facts, but you always add a snide, condescending comment directed personally at a person asking a question. Its no wonder the new members are scared to post a question. The last thread that was poofed you had numerous posts defending yet another one of your very rude comments. Just answer the questions, or dont! BUT LEAVE OUT THE RUDE COMMENTS PLEASE!

Geeze....

A few of us clearly explained this

after 2.0 upgrade...no more Hurricane cups....corporate decision

to push the Yard /shooter cups at the lido pubs *red frog/blue iquana

not really a cutback as much as a change

Since Dream is next to undergo (limited) 2.0 upgrade, it makes sense that

they may not have the hurricane cups anymore

once they undergo 2.0 they will NOT have them

Liberty from all rational reports NO longer has them since it was the first to undergo 2.0

I will be on Glory this fall after she undergoes 2.0 upgrade and I expect I will not see Hurricane cups...but I will see yards/shooters....whale tail, new disco ball, etc other specialty cups

So whatever anyone posts from other ships means zip....of course the hurricane cups are there...UNTIL THEY UNDERGO 2.0 RENOVATION

NOW....ANY QUESTIONS LOL

Well it is a cutback to those like myself who have been sailing Carnival since 1985. The DOD cups went from glass (of which I have many and I'm glad I saved) to plastic to gone. The 2.0 upgrades/improvements are not that at all. Yards, whale tails, coconuts and disco balls are a way to charge you more money for less liquor in a toy cup that doesn't cost them a dime. Just cheap dollar store toys for the adults silly enough to indulge. It's not just the DOD cups that makes me frustrated with Carnival its the overall cheapened, dumbed-down of the product from the cups to the food.

Well it is a cutback to those like myself who have been sailing Carnival since 1985. The DOD cups went from glass (of which I have many and I'm glad I saved) to plastic to gone. The 2.0 upgrades/improvements are not that at all. Yards, whale tails, coconuts and disco balls are a way to charge you more money for less liquor in a toy cup that doesn't cost them a dime. Just cheap dollar store toys for the adults silly enough to indulge. It's not just the DOD cups that makes me frustrated with Carnival its the overall cheapened, dumbed-down of the product from the cups to the food.

@Wes... If you really feel this way, I don't, as it's a drink cup ... and while many cruisers have some saved (both hurricane style as well as mason jars). The change from one style to another is not intended to "dumb-down" anything --- it's a change, that's it, something that happens all around us. If you're that frustrated with your perception of the 2.0 and other changes, then you have many other cruise lines to switch to, but if you cruise Carnival, do the rest a favor and please leave your closed attitude on shore, so the rest can enjoy.

@Share... Try less caps (not needed) and drop the added quips and maybe your points will help rather than being seen as they are, just a thought.

B&B

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived