oasis/allure/freedom class

DH and I don't have any kids traveling with us and wonder if Freedom or Oasis class is more our type. Is Oasis geared more for families with young children? Is freedom set up for people traveling w/o kids? What's the difference?

DH and I don't have any kids traveling with us and wonder if Freedom or Oasis class is more our type. Is Oasis geared more for families with young children? Is freedom set up for people traveling w/o kids? What's the difference?

Haven't sailed Freedom class, but have sailed Voyager class and Oasis. We went on Oasis as a couple - left our kids at home this time. Oasis was amazing, an architectural and design marvel. We had no problem whatsoever keeping ourselves very occupied. It fits couples and families very well. It's geared toward everyone. If I were in your shoes, it would be Oasis/Allure without a moment's hesitation. It's the best of the best.

Haven't sailed Freedom class, but have sailed Voyager class and Oasis. We went on Oasis as a couple - left our kids at home this time. Oasis was amazing, an architectural and design marvel. We had no problem whatsoever keeping ourselves very occupied. It fits couples and families very well. It's geared toward everyone. If I were in your shoes, it would be Oasis/Allure without a moment's hesitation. It's the best of the best.

I agree, we've also sailed Voyager Class and Oasis. We don't have children but have always found plenty to do when we've wanted to be active or nothing to do when all we want is to laze around the pool.

I think everyone should go on Oasis or Allure at least once just for the experience.

We don't have kids and we have sailed over 19 times on Carnival, DCL and RCI and I would say you can't go wrong no matter what ship you pick. All ships are set up for families as well as adults traveling without kids (yes even Disney). To find a ship that fits your needs think about what you like to do on a ship, what ammenties you would like to have, the itin the ship does and then the price. Also if you pick a time when the kids are in school you'll have less kids on your sailng (but, keep in mind they will always have kids on cruises).

I am personally a big ship person as I like lots of ammenties and things to do, but I don't like 7 night cruises. So, I generally pick the biggest ships I can and find out when they are doing a short itin. :)

We did Oasis as a couple and the following year brought our daughter on Allure.

Also did Freedom.

If you can swing Oasis/Allure do it. It's an amazing ship FOR EVERYONE.

Yes they're family focused, but they're fun focused too.

Only ships I'd say are really more low key are the Radiance class.

Don't worry, all of them are very much a couples ship too.

So pick the price and route that works best for you, knowing that Oasis class is a step up.

DH and I don't have any kids traveling th us and wonder if Freedom or Oasis class is more our type. Is Oasis geared more for families with young children? Is freedom set up for people traveling w/o kids? What's the difference?

Both are fine for both groups. Oasis/Allure have plenty of room for both and spaces for adults only and plenty to keep the kids occupied. When you cruise may have more effect that which ship you pick. Between spring break and the end of the school year (now) is a good time to cruise if you want to be around less kids.

I am personally a big ship person as I like lots of ammenties and things to do, but I don't like 7 night cruises. So, I generally pick the biggest ships I can and find out when they are doing a short itin. :)

With all respect, you don't like 7 day cruises? What's not to like? Is it you can't be away from home or job that long, or do you really not like being at sea that many days? Just curious and not being confrontational.

Archived