Main dining room for breakfast - dress code?

Appygirl

I hate to start another dress code thread - and we do come dressed appropriately for dinner in the MDR - but I'm wondering about breakfast. Can men wear shorts? And of course a suitable shirt and shoes. I don't mind wearing a skirt to breakfast but my husband probably won't want to wear long pants in the morning on a Caribbean cruise. What have other people observed at breakfast? We normally just go up to the Horizon Court but thought we might give the MDR a try for breakfast.

For breakfast and lunch shorts/jeans/pants, a shirt or tshirt and shoes (flip flops ok) are all that is required in both the MDR and HC. In the HC a coverup over a dry swimsuit is permitted. I have seen pax in the HC with just a housecoat on (guessing here what is underneath). Unfortunately some wear wet swim suits in the HC leaving a wet seat for the next pax. Not cool!

On my last cruise, I ate breakfast in the MDR, wearing a tank top (I am male) . The maitre d' came up to me and told me to enjoy my meal, but discretely told me Tank Tops were not allowed. I wonder if he would have said the same thing to a lady wearing a tank top?

The ladies shave their arm pits.

Seeing hairy armpits kinda ruins the appetite.:rolleyes:

Sometimes it is hard to tell the difference between a pair of swim trunks and a pair of shorts. I can see how easy it would be to get away with wearing dry swim shorts.

On the other hand, no one wants to see a speedo in the dining room!:eek:

Let him be forewarned that the menu warns there will be an additional wait (10 minutes? 15?) for poached eggs, unless Eggs Benedict is on special. On the other hand, unlike the readymade bricks offered in the HC, poached eggs in the MDR will be perfectly cooked.

Yeah that's pretty much why I don't eat my breakfast there! All I want is yogurt, fruit, and a muffin and I know where to get it and be gone in 5 minutes! My father doesn't mind waiting and that's why I'll send my husband in because he likes a cooked breakfast too.

Sometimes it is hard to tell the difference between a pair of swim trunks and a pair of shorts. I can see how easy it would be to get away with wearing dry swim shorts.

On the other hand, no one wants to see a speedo in the dining room!:eek:

Ha ha! We don't necessarily want to see a speedo anywhere else onboard either! Without going into further detail I think we all know every ship is going to have that one man who never should wear a Speedo who is strutting all over the ship looking for photo ops he can crash.

Ha ha! We don't necessarily want to see a speedo anywhere else onboard either! Without going into further detail I think we all know every ship is going to have that one man who never should wear a Speedo who is strutting all over the ship looking for photo ops he can crash.

Hey don't forget that female equal thats also trying to strut! :rolleyes:

Hey don't forget that female equal thats also trying to strut! :rolleyes:

Ha ha! Yes I've seen her too and I'm scared of being that person too! Yes as much as I want to go out and buy a skimpy bikini to wear on the cruise because in my mind I still have the body I had when I was 25, I have faced reality and will stick to a more age appropriate suit!

Archived