We did travel to Egypt

hommar2

Hi,

We have just returned from a 3 week tour within Egypt. We visited Cairo, Faiyoum, Luxor, Aswan, did a cruise on Lake Nasser, went to Kharga Oasis followed by a cruise from Safaga to Sharm el Sheik, Sokhna and through the canal travelling by car, minivan, 4WD, aircraft and ship .

At no time did we have any security problems and were perfectly safe.

A wonderful trip to a wonderful country

Hommar

It's wonderful to see a positive post about a country with so much rich culture. I chose a cruise to the Middle East to not only satisfy a lifelong desire to see the wonders of the ancient world, but to support a nation just coming unto itself in the modern world.

I was glad that I put the negativity surrounding Egypt aside when I toured this year in January. Hardly anyone there and the people were very welcoming and glad to see tourists.

Too much media sensationalism.

Certainly agree with the above posts. We visited in October/November 2011 and had a wonderful time. We always felt safe and very well looked after. We did Cairo, Alexandria, a Nile cruise from Luxor/Aswan/return as well as a day trip to Abu Simbel by air. The holiday of a lifetime!!!

Archived