When can we go into our rooms?

skooter35

New to cruising Carnival and have a few questions.

We will be on the Inpiration in October. Our plan is to shuttle from LAX to Long Beach with only 2 carry on cases. I dont want to lug them around, so I was thinking to give them to the porters to be delivered to our room later.

#1 When can we go into our rooms

#2 When will the luggage be delivered

#3 What is the weather like in Oct for Ensenada and Catalina Island

Thanks and Happy Sailing :D

Dont give porters your suitcases with valuables. (remember the porters at the port do NOT work for Carnival and if something dissapears, no one will be responsible). Plus you have to carry on only your one bottle of wine and your 12 soft drinks if you decide to do that. Carry on only if you want them.

Cabins are ready at 1:30 pm almost always, few exceptions.

Do carry on with wheels. thats what I do and its not such a bother.

We will be on the Inpiration in October. Our plan is to shuttle from LAX to Long Beach with only 2 carry on cases. I dont want to lug them around, so I was thinking to give them to the porters to be delivered to our room later.

#1 When can we go into our rooms

#2 When will the luggage be delivered

#3 What is the weather like in Oct for Ensenada and Catalina Island

The usual time to access your stateroom is 1.30. Others here have said they went there and got in before, but in my experience, it has been no earlier than 1.30pm.

Luggage can come pretty much anytime after about 4/5 pm. But in my case, it usually arrives between 5-7pm. That is why first night in MDR is casual clothing.

Sorry, cant comment on the weather for Ensenada and Catelina in October, as have never done that cruise itin, but I have been to Southern California at that time, and the weather has been "temperate", for me, that means neither too hot, nor too cold. I do however like the cooler temps. So, it might for me be a good time to take that cruisem, neither too hot, nor too cold.

The usual time to access your stateroom is 1.30. Others here have said they went there and got in before, but in my experience, it has been no earlier than 1.30pm.

Luggage can come pretty much anytime after about 4/5 pm. But in my case, it usually arrives between 5-7pm. That is why first night in MDR is casual clothing.

Sorry, cant comment on the weather for Ensenada and Catelina in October, as have never done that cruise itin, but I have been to Southern California at that time, and the weather has been "temperate", for me, that means neither too hot, nor too cold. I do however like the cooler temps. So, it might for me be a good time to take that cruisem, neither too hot, nor too cold.

We've had our luggage delivered sometimes before we even go to our cabin, at maybe 2:00ish.

every cruise we have been able to get into our cabins at 1:30, with the exception of San Juan (victory), then it was 2:30.

Our luggage has always been delivered before 6pm. I have always been able to put things away before dinner.

I cannot comment on the weather at those specific places in October; but when we did the Mexican Riviera at the end of September 2009, it was very nice. We did hit a low pressure coming back to Los Angeles, then we had rough seas, windy, cloudy and cool weather. I'm sure that doesn't happen every week in October though.

#1 When can we go into our roomsThe earliest you can get into your cabin is 1:30pm. If you happen to be on a sailing where the ship did not have passengers on the sailing before yours (i.e., returning from dry dock), then you can go ahead and drop off your stuff in your cabin.

#2 When will the luggage be deliveredWe usually carry our luggage onboard with us. There were instances where we checked our luggage, and it arrived around 2:00pm - 3:00pm, and there were instances where our luggage didn't come until 6pm. It's really the luck of the draw, and all depends on when the pallet that your luggage is in is unloaded.

#3 What is the weather like in Oct for Ensenada and Catalina IslandNo idea about the weather for Ensenada and Catalina Island, as we have never done West Coast cruises.

See above...

I was on the Inspiration for our first cruise back in December. We checked two bags with the porter. One of our bags showed up at our door, but the other one was a few doors down. Kinda freaked out. LOL!!! I think the bags showed up around 2-3pm, when the rooms were available.

We were told our cabin would be ready at 1:30pm. Decided to go ck it out about 1pm and it was ready. Not sure exactly when our luggage arrived, but our cabin steward put it in our cabin, others luggage was set outside their door. Guess it just depends if the cabin steward is around when it is delivered. But it was before 5pm I believe.

Not sure about the weather in Ensenada or Catalina Island, but I sure want to go there... :) ENJOY.... :)

Weather should be nice (80s) and warmer than Oregon.:D

We usually do not have rain in the beginning of October. But if does rain the Bufadora (blowhole) will put on an amazing show in Ensenada.

When we were on the Inspiration last Oct, they kept the doors to the cabin hallways locked. We got to our floor at 1:25 and they did not open the hallway doors until 1:30 on-the-dot. Not sure if all sailings on this ship will be the same but this was our experience.

:)

Can't help with the room question, but I can tell you that early Oct. in Southern Calif. is good, HOT weather. Typically our hottest months are in Aug/Sept/early Oct. You'll be past the issues of "June gloom" chill in the earlier summer months, so you should be warm & toasty, at least on land! :) (Neither Catalina or Ensenada are all that far away, so weather should be the same.)

Archived