Hair Braiding in Great Stirrup Cay

Savaann

Do they have a place to get your hair braiding at Great Stirrup Cay? THANKS!

I didn't notice one. But like the poster above said, you can right outside the ship in Nassau. It was $3 a braid or something like $90 for a whole head.

We let our girls get 3 braids each because we are cheap lol. The braiders were extremely nice too.

I remember a thread on CC claiming to be careful getting your hair braided at the port in Nassau as some passengers claimed they received the extra gift of head lice. Thought I should give you the heads up so you can do some more research on the subject and decide if you want to take a chance.

I remember a thread on CC claiming to be careful getting your hair braided at the port in Nassau as some passengers claimed they received the extra gift of head lice. Thought I should give you the heads up so you can do some more research on the subject and decide if you want to take a chance.

I had wondered about this. Saw someone get hair braided in St Maarten earlier this year and the braider just whipped a comb out of her supply bag, did the woman's hair, and threw the comb back in. As my Mom and I watched we wondered where that comb had been and if it was ever cleaned. We wouldn't have wanted our hair braided anyway, but definitely not after seeing this! At the very least I'd recommend providing your own comb if you decide to have this done.

Thank you all so much for your responses! I had never thought about lice and that is not really a souvenier I'd like to bring home :eek:. I guess if my daughter really wants it done, I'll be packing my own comb!!

Get it done before you leave ~ it will be done right and no extra little gifts :) Plus you're supporting someone local. We had our DD's done last year before our cruise and it stayed in the entire time.

The hair braiders in Nassau are a serious hard sell. One of them chased us even though DD's hair was done already.

To answer your original question, yes, they're on GSC too :)

Thank you all so much for your responses! I had never thought about lice and that is not really a souvenier I'd like to bring home :eek:. I guess if my daughter really wants it done, I'll be packing my own comb!!

No problem. I didn't want to put a damper on your plans. But to be honest, while at port, when I saw the braiders, and they bugged me all the time because I have long hair, I never thought of the head lice factor. Now, that I have this idea engraved in my mind, No Way would I ever risk being braided. :eek:

Archived