What is one thing you like least about a cruise?

Just want to empathize and agree with all of those who dislike the short days in port.

Cas in Point: That is one of the big reasons we loved the Sensation - because it spent the night in port. After dinner, we all went off the ship for late night gaming and visit to Atlantis, enjoying the on board life without crowds during the day.

We booked Sensation once again, bringing two new couples over to cruising for October.

Got the itinerary change last week - now in port 12 to 8.

Back in the day it actually stayed 7 am to 7 am then it went from noon to 7 am, now noon to 8 PM.

Nice to see others wish for longer stops.

Won't stop me from cruising or loving cruising but....I concur!

Definitely debarkation day. :( The only thing that helps my sadness is knowing while I'm waiting in the aiport I'll be picking out the room for the next one and starting all over again. :D It's a vicious cycle I tell ya. :p

Wish this were true for us too...

This nest one is going to be our last for quite a while. :(

Piped in music everywhere. It's pretty much impossible to find a really and truly quiet place to just sit and read a book except for our own balcony.

I'm probably in the minority, but I don't care for the singing and dancing by the waiters at dinner. Just let them do their job. On our last cruise our servers were so behind all the time, then they had to stop to sing and dance. You could tell they were just going through the motions because they had to. :(

We haven't cruised since 1993 and the reasons we switched to AI's were (1) because they started adding the tips and (2) because you could no longer bring alcohol on the ship or buy it on the ship and bring it to your room at a reasonable cost. We're not cheap by any means and tip very generously at the AI's we go to and we don't drink a lot but we hate feeeling like we got ripped off. The reason we're going back to cruising is because the grandkids want to try it. After reading some of the posts I wonder if we made the wrong decision.

People that whine about us smokers that smoke in the area we are supposed to.

I don't need to be subjected to that toxic cancer ridden crap you put in your lungs. I love to eat spicy, that doesn't mean I shove hot sauce down your throat! No one is stopping anyone from smoking. Just do it where it doesn't affect non-smokers, elderly, kids, and those with allergies.

I don't need to be subjected to that toxic cancer ridden crap you put in your lungs. I love to eat spicy, that doesn't mean I shove hot sauce down your throat! No one is stopping anyone from smoking. Just do it where it doesn't affect non-smokers, elderly, kids, and those with allergies.

I only smoke in designated smoking areas so if non smokers , elderly, or kids are there i am sorry keep them out if its that big of a deal to you :D

Piped in music everywhere. It's pretty much impossible to find a really and truly quiet place to just sit and read a book except for our own balcony.

I agree. Piped music and loud shout out by DJs and other entertainers everywhere.

I only smoke in designated smoking areas so if non smokers , elderly, or kids are there i am sorry keep them out if its that big of a deal to you :D

Well, you may be an exception then 'cos a number of smokers didn't follow rules and posted signs indicating they couldn't smoke in places they weren't allowed to smoke. It was the same situation at the beaches where some were smoking directly under the "No Smoking" signs. Smoke travels, it mixes with fresh air and permeates into everything.

The singing and dancing by the waiters. I know some people love it, but I prefer to have my dinner and that's it. Also the photographers in the dining room. I don't mind them in the lounge or on the deck....but not in the dining room.

I wish there was a way (outside of when booking/booking with a giant group) to get alcohol included. Like different level packages for those who want domestic beers, the bottom tiered wine and champagnes, and "house" liquors vs. those who want imports and better wine and top shelf would work, I think. I understand WHY they don't do it but darn, it would be nice!

Celebrity Cruise Line does this. Its Great!

The singing and dancing by the waiters. I know some people love it, but I prefer to have my dinner and that's it. Also the photographers in the dining room. I don't mind them in the lounge or on the deck....but not in the dining room.

I didn't mind the singing and dancing by the waiters in the dining room. It's always short and sweet and gives them an opportunity to have a little fun.

The photographers should be banned from the dining room. I don't see how photos can look good with a mess on the tables and odd compositions.

I have to say, alot of the dislikes on this thread could be taken care of by spreading the wings and trying a different cruise line.:rolleyes:

smoke on balcony's

drink packages

people in costumes hounding you to take pictures

announcements over the intercom

singing and dancing waiters

just to name a few.;)

Archived