advice on post-cruise from seward

constantcruisewithdrawal

We could use some advice regarding end of cruise plans. We arrive in Seward early on the 5th on the Ryndam, and fly home around 8:00pm on the 7th. We have done two b2b alaska cruises before, spending the day in Seward each time. I am wondering if, with the short time frame, it is worth it to go to Denali (haven't been). If so, I would love some advice on transport (car, train, shuttle?), lodging, and activities.

Thanks in advance

NO you do not have enough time for Denali Park. It is 9 hours from Seward- with stops, you need a full day for the shuttle bus into the park, then allow 6 hours for the drive back to Anchorage. All your time would be in transit. Perhaps consider more sightseeing in Seward- especially good if you haven't already- Kenai Fjord boat tours, consider the train to Anchorage, superior scenery compared to the road, then a day of touring Anchorage, rent a car.

Thanks BQ. You are always most helpful, and this is exactly the advice I needed.

I think we will do a Kenai Fjords tour on the 5th, hike out to Caines Head on the coastal trail on the 6th (taking a water taxi back if the tide schedule isn't cooperative), and then take the train that evening up to Anchorage. That will let us look around the Anchorage area on the 7th and get to the airport that evening. Now, as for lodging . . . .

Archived