Guarantee aqua price drop

MACKAM

Sometime ago we booked a guaranteed Aqua class cabin on the Eclipse 15th September sailing this year. On Celebrity's site the price has dropped £100. In the past when the price has dropped and it's before final payment Celebrity has honoured this We spoke to Celebrity this morning and apparently this is now not so. We have never booked a guarantee before so could anybody tell us whether this is because the cabin is a guarantee or has the price drop policy changed.

PS We did ask Celebrity agent to explain it but her explanation sent us round in circles

Do you have a cabin assignment already? In my experience, they have lowered the price but if I had been assigned a cabin, it was removed and I was put back in the pool waiting for a new assignment. I would call again and speak to someone else. Since you are before final they should just adjust your booking.

Good luck.

Sometime ago we booked a guaranteed Aqua class cabin on the Eclipse 15th September sailing this year. On Celebrity's site the price has dropped £100. In the past when the price has dropped and it's before final payment Celebrity has honoured this We spoke to Celebrity this morning and apparently this is now not so. We have never booked a guarantee before so could anybody tell us whether this is because the cabin is a guarantee or has the price drop policy changed.

PS We did ask Celebrity agent to explain it but her explanation sent us round in circles

My guess it was one of the " new bookings, only" specials. If it were, and if you were outside of penalty, you could simply cancel and rebook.

Hi again

We are Elite members with Celebrity and have never used any other cruise line

Our new T.A. made the booking(our regular agent went bust last year) as I said before we have no experience with a guarantee cabin and have not yet been allocated a cabin number.

We have to make final payment on the 9th of June which seems a little earlier than usual.

In future, like other loyal customers I will not make any booking till much nearer the sailing date and maybe not a guarantee.

Best Wishes

Hi,

Guarantee cabins are not covered by the price promise in the U.k. to the best of my knowledge. We are in a slightly different position. We sail on the 21st of July.

We have an ordinary balcony cabin. Guarantees have come out now in all categories. We asked to swop to either an Aqua class or a C.C. Guarantee yesterday as they are between £100 and £400 cheaper per person than we paid.We are 86 days from sailing. Our travel agent was sorry to inform us we couldn't swop even when we offered to do so for the price we had paid, by that I mean with no money changing hands either way.Celebrity will refund money to us or upgrade us if the price of the Balcony we booked drops.

It's a shame but those are the rules. We need two more points to be Elite so we too are committed Celebrity cruisers.

Our cabins are next to each other and in a good position so I am still a happy cruiser. However I will be watching the prices.

Hi again

We are Elite members with Celebrity and have never used any other cruise line

Our new T.A. made the booking(our regular agent went bust last year) as I said before we have no experience with a guarantee cabin and have not yet been allocated a cabin number.

We have to make final payment on the 9th of June which seems a little earlier than usual.

In future, like other loyal customers I will not make any booking till much nearer the sailing date and maybe not a guarantee.

Hi As you are Elite with Celebrity I suggest you have a word on the phone with them ( a lady called Lesley is very helpful) I have found out recently that as an Elite you are allowed to make one major change to your booking without paying the £75 fee, (major change = Ship or Sailing) so might be seeing what she can do. Good Luck!

Hi,

Guarantee cabins are not covered by the price promise in the U.k. to the best of my knowledge. We are in a slightly different position. We sail on the 21st of July.

We have an ordinary balcony cabin. Guarantees have come out now in all categories. We asked to swop to either an Aqua class or a C.C. Guarantee yesterday as they are between £100 and £400 cheaper per person than we paid.We are 86 days from sailing. Our travel agent was sorry to inform us we couldn't swop even when we offered to do so for the price we had paid, by that I mean with no money changing hands either way.Celebrity will refund money to us or upgrade us if the price of the Balcony we booked drops.

It's a shame but those are the rules. We need two more points to be Elite so we too are committed Celebrity cruisers.

Our cabins are next to each other and in a good position so I am still a happy cruiser. However I will be watching the prices.

You need to tell your TA to ring celebrity or you will - we did this with ours and Celebrity sorted it out for us - we then told our TA that their service was rubbish and they have offered a free meal in murano for 2 as an apology

Are you part of a group booking?

We tried to change to a balcony GTY on our Constellation cruise last year when the prices were less than our named Ocean view. As we were part of a travel agents group booking we were not allowed to change to a GTY.

I made sure I didn't make the same mistake this year and we were able to take advantage of an AQ GTY on our October cruise.

Its really annoying that there seems to be so many different rules depending on who to speak to or book with.

Archived