Leaving Tomorrow!

Northerncheapo

It is so strange to be looking forward to a trip for MONTHS to suddenly have it upon you! I can't believe we're actually leaving tomorow!

Itinerary:

Leave tomorrow from Toronto to Paris. Spend night in Paris at the Ritz Paris. Did you know that this hotel is closing for TWO YEARS starting this summer for a major renovation? We thought we would stay just to get 'the old school' feel before they change it all.

Leave Paris on Friday for Nice. Taking the helicopter transfer from Nice to Monaco, which I am a little scared about??? Spending the night in Monaco.

Board The Spirit on Saturday voyage 5211A for 12 night eastern med cruise through Greece, Italy, Malta and Turkey.

Return to Monaco on the 17th and fly to London for two nights. High tea at The Ritz London (really looking forward to that).

Fly home on the 19th.

I am so excited! Happy 25th wedding anniversary to us!!

Hi Northerncheapo - nothing "cheapo" about this trip! ;):D

Paris, London, the Ritz in BOTH cities - happy anniversary indeed! :D

And don't forget when you've had your wonderful afternoon tea, and a glass or two of champagne, you can step light footed - and er lightheaded across the road to Fortnum and Mason's for some goodies to take home!

Am excited for you, what a great trip!

Northerncheapo. Congratulations on your Silver anniversary appropriately celebrated on Silversea. You may want to consider (if u have not already) doing a vow renewal on the Bridge of the Spirit. We enjoyed a special 25th vow renewal ceremony on the Spirit's bridge at Sunset, the Cruise Director (Fernando) read the vows along with the Spirit's Captian (Corsaro) magical moment along with another couple reciting their vows too--Dougburns and his bride (our avatar pix above was taken right after this ceremoney. Have a wonderful anniversary cruise.

Thank you everyone! Yes, it will be a fantastic trip!

Col. Wes, we are not going to renew our vows, but that is a fabulous idea...instead, we have arranged with SS to have a private brunch on the terrace of LT. DH has a morning suit that he is dying to wear, so this was a good opportunity,lol.

I will post a report upon my return.

Talk soon,

Anita

Hi Northerncheapo - nothing "cheapo" about this trip! ;):D

Paris, London, the Ritz in BOTH cities - happy anniversary indeed! :D

And don't forget when you've had your wonderful afternoon tea, and a glass or two of champagne, you can step light footed - and er lightheaded across the road to Fortnum and Mason's for some goodies to take home!

Am excited for you, what a great trip!

Agree 1000% with Fairbourne--nothing "cheapo" about this trip! ;)

Also agree with the excursion to F&M--well-worth the trip across the street and you may want to consider their afternoon tea. It's fantastic. Probably on par with the Dorchester but the Dorchester is certainly more glitzy. There's also a Laduree close by should you fancy some macaroons!

Have a wonderful time. Look forward to hearing about it as we almost were on the same voyage! :D

Archived