My Time Dining..table for 2?

This will be my first time with RCCL My time dining....Is it possible to get a table for 2 for dinner or are they mostly larger tables? The ship we are considering is the Freedom of the Seas if that matters. Would prefer to either "walk in" or reserve that morning.,, do not want to reserve ahead of time online.

There are a large number of two-tops. Many people who choose MTD prefer to sit alone. There are also larger tables for bigger groups.

You do not have to make a reservation, no worries. We did not, but we did receive no less than 5 e-mails requesting that we do so. Don't be put off... you can simply go to the Dining Room when you are ready for dinner, and you will be seated (perhaps right away, perhaps after a short wait).

Enjoy your cruise. :)

We never made reservations on FOS and were usually seated instantly. Once I think we had to wait about 2 minutes. You'll have no trouble at all! One tip is to not show up at 'normal' times - instead of showing up at 7:30, show up at 7:42 etc.

Thank you for your prompt response...one less thing I have to worry about. Have not been on RCCL for several years..how do you compare the food and service to other lines you may have been on? Also is the main dining room open for lunch on embarkation day or just the buffet?

..how do you compare the food and service to other lines you may have been on? Also is the main dining room open for lunch on embarkation day or just the buffet?

Hi, the DR is not open at embarkation, just the Windjammer and the Promenade Café (which serves delightful sandwiches, salads, desserts, and the best cookies you will ever eat in your life!). We have always enjoyed the food in all venues on all RCI ships, no complaints. There is always something "else" to choose from if you are not satisfied with your choice. We have always had helpful and accomodating crew.

Archived