Food trays

No trays?? That's it, I'm cancelling my cruise.

It will be interesting to see if I take less food without a tray. The last cruise I went on, I really had a hard time judging portions and 99% of the time, I took too much food. I felt bad about the waste but that didn't stop me.

Seems trays would be a great way to pass Noro around, unless they were completely sanitized between each use, and that's creating a whole lot more work and cost. Better to just do away with them and let people carry their stuff. I personally prefer to NOT use trays for this reason. In any restaurant, they're usually not kept very clean.

Now this is sad when you have to clorox your tray :(. Never thought about this before, but I will either buy my tray before cruising or get one from room service for the week and yes, I will clorox the dumb thing :p.

Now this is sad when you have to clorox your tray :(. Never thought about this before, but I will either buy my tray before cruising or get one from room service for the week and yes, I will clorox the dumb thing :p.

It is really nice to know I am not the only one who brings Clorox wipes aboard the ship. I always get funny looks from the staff when I come right behind them and Clorox the table that they just cleaned. I even had one ask me once, "Was the table not clean enough"? I just explained that I am a huge germ freak and I just like my tables cleaned with Clorox before we eat. Not to mention that I watch them use the same towel to clean all those tables (I didn't mention this to them). In essence, they're using a dirty towel to 'clean' the tables.

I really wasn't trying to imply that the crew weren't doing a good job cleaning the tables, I just want to do my part in keeping that pesky Noro away from my darling little family!

Archived