Food trays

Hmm, I was just wondering. Saw skittl1321's picture and it made me think. We are traveling with three small kids and usually one of us will sit with the kids while the other gathers all their food. May have to improvise.

Does Carnival no longer have the trays to carry your plate and drink on in the buffet area? We are going on the Elation!

They had a thread pertaining to this a while back on the CC forums. The debate was that they were testing it out for food consumption reasons.

If you have a tray, you can stack plates of food (that you will not eat and it goes to waste)

If you have no tray, you will be carrying less food...

Another suggestion was cutting down on dishwashing the trays....

Big debate went on about this for quite a while.

No trays on The Valor 2 weeks ago and yes the plates were enormous! We went with no kids this time, however when we bring the kids next time I will definitely see how no trays will be a problem. I too would get a tray, get 2 plates and silverware and get all the food for both kids while DH held a table, got them settled, got my food and sat with them while he got food. So, with no tray getting 2 sets of food will be difficult. My kids are still too little to get their own food (2 and 5).

Need a tray.

Order room service. Eat the food. Hide the tray. Room steward takes dishes away.

Now you have a tray for the rest of the week to go get first breakfast for your balcony, and it will be hot!

Shower relax and then go for elevensies.

Need a tray.

Order room service. Eat the food. Hide the tray. Room steward takes dishes away.

Now you have a tray for the rest of the week to go get first breakfast for your balcony, and it will be hot!

Shower relax and then go for elevensies.

Good advise. Will only work for me if I put napkin with silverwear in pocket.

Greatly prefer the tray.

They had a thread pertaining to this a while back on the CC forums. The debate was that they were testing it out for food consumption reasons.

If you have a tray, you can stack plates of food (that you will not eat and it goes to waste)

If you have no tray, you will be carrying less food...

Another suggestion was cutting down on dishwashing the trays....

Big debate went on about this for quite a while.

If this were the reason perhaps they should buy normal sized plates. I could fit all three meals of the day on those plates and probably have room to spare.

Hmm' date=' I was just wondering. Saw skittl1321's picture and it made me think. We are traveling with three small kids and usually one of us will sit with the kids while the other gathers all their food. May have to improvise.[/quote']

Daddy, you could get a tray at a dollar store and it would take up virtually no room in your luggage. And just in case they don't have trays on your cruise, you'd have one (or two!) If I had kids, I could see where a tray would be very convenient!

They didn't have any trays on our recent Dream cruise. They did have larger plates though. I felt bad for a woman who was trying to carry 4 plates of food, I offered to help her but she said she'd manage. I like the trays, I think they are handy to have.

Daddy, you could get a tray at a dollar store and it would take up virtually no room in your luggage. And just in case they don't have trays on your cruise, you'd have one (or two!) If I had kids, I could see where a tray would be very convenient!

For my final CCL cruise I did actually take my own tray onboard, which immediately became handy for my embarkation lunch, and a lunch on another sea day. Answered quite a few "Hey, where did you get that?" questions. :)

We have had trays on every cruise we sailed on so far.

I have put two plates on a tray before. Because I was carrying a second one that was for someone who was trying to find us a place to sit.

That is why we try to eat in the main dining room as much as possible. I do prefer to have someone bring the food to us.

They are removing trays ship by ship, but they will go fleet wide with the no tray/giant plate thing soon. I prefer to have trays. I often will go up in the morning to get breakfast and bring it back to the room to eat on the balcony....I just keep a roomservice tray and bring it with me. The big plates are fine, but make it tought to hold plate, silver, drinks, coffee, etc. Don't really understand why they are doing away with the trays, one less thing to wash I guess, but can't imagine it was that big of a deal.:rolleyes:

Archived