Best storage tips etc. inside cabins

When just hubby & I travel the only odd thing we bring is a dollar store garden tote to corral the little stuff on the vanity. I guess a bowl from the lido would work just as well.

If we travel with our DDs we will bring a couple of dollar store 6pocket holders. We will use one as a nightstand for the upper bunk and another in the bathroom for their stuff.

Sometimes the rope on the 6pocket holder isn't right for the door so I'll use a multi-strand of dental floss to string it where it needs to be.

A 20 pocket holder can be cut to size.

Appliances can be shared, so can chargers.

We bring a Belkin mini charger. And a 220v plug adapter for our dual voltage appliances. Some ships use the European 2prong and others use the British slant flat blade.

Luggage gets stored under the beds.

Clothes on hangars are triple hung- pants, shirt, jacket

Years ago we realized that with duct tape and dental floss we can fix just about anything.

I have checked for over door hanging things and they come with ropes - how are you supposed to hang them over a door?

For using on the outside of the bathroom door use a long piece of string or a multistrand of dental floss and hook it under the hook on the inside of the door and put over the door.

Basically it goes up and over the door from the hook to the outside.

not all suitcases will fit under all beds.

my most favorite item i bring for storage is an over the door hanging shoe bag. i bring lots of little things with me and this keeps me all organized and our cabin nice & tidy.

we store the chargers for our phone, cameras and ipods here. i keep a pad of sticky notes and pens here, sunblock goes in a pocket, when in cabin, our s&s cards and lanyards go in here among many others. i hang it on the outside of the closet door. believe it or not, you can store shoes in it too lol. :D

Well, i bought an over the door shoe hanger from Wal mart for my girl's cruise. It had hooks on it to go over the door. At first we couldn't get the door to close with the hooks and we had bad weather and it banged and banged all day and night. We would come in and hooks would be on the floor and shoe hanger really swinging. Finally we found out you had to hold the hook at the top in place to close the door. Really don't know if I will use it again.

1st thing is less. bring And we too use the pop up hamper. and bring extra hangers because we never have enough. This frees up the shelves in the closet and keeps the clothes from wrinkling. Clothes pins. Hang your bathing suits on hangers and then on the string in the shower. Easier when you need to take a shower. Throw away papers if you are done with them that really helps.

Do inside cabins not have the same closet and dresser storage as other cabins? I always thought the cabins were the same except no window or balcony.

Yes, pretty much same. Only possible difference would be if it doesn't have the couch, hence less overall floor space. We've booked everything from inside to suite, never uncomfortable in any of them. With an inside room we tend to spend less time in cabin, more time on deck, so who cares about how big it is when you are asleep?

You are so right about the shoe organizer, it is a life saver.

Agreed! A must have especially on the smaller ships.

How many of you? When I took small kids I'd have them roll up an outfit with shirt, pants, undies, socks if needed and the roll would go in the closet or drawer. That way all they had to do was pull a roll out, not dig through a couple of piles of clothing.

Don't take too many pairs of shoes. Last cruise I had walking sandals and dress shoes. Clothes too. Too many just aren't needed.

They have a dryer but it's the find you have to hold the button on so I take mine. Fits in the drawer.

I have never brought anything..never needed anything and yes, I always overpack. There is plenty of storage. Just put your luggage under the bed. An inside room is no smaller than a balcony room. They are the same size and have the same storage. (which is plenty).

I guess if you have more than 2 people in your cabin, I can understand the door hangovers, but I bring so much stuff and never had a problem.

The beauty of the shoe hanger is that you don't have to remember which of the many cabinets you put things in. Before the door hanger, I always ended up opening three or four drawers/cabinets before finding what I was looking for. Yes, there is plenty of storage space, but the door hanger is wonderful.

Kathy

Archived