Spa Treatments on Infinity... Splurge? Or Don't Bother?

milokama

I'm a little bit of a massage junkie.

My mother loves facials.

We do quite a bit of spa hopping at home and are looking forward to our cruise in (gasp) 24 days!!!!!

We've decided to forgo mother's day evens in lieu of a spa day during our vacation.

The cruise is not the only part of our vacation. We have a beach house rented on Whidbey Island directly after the cruise.

For those fellow Spa/Massage/facial junkies out there, should we splurge on a spa day on the ship? or should we find a spa on Whidbey island.

We sail on the Infinity.

Would love to hear your experiences with the spa.

Thank you!

Spa on shore every time for me. Ship is not that good tip is automatically added so there is no incentive on therapist to give you great service. Pressure to buy other products is huge

I suggest you take a tour of the spa the first afternoon you are on board. The prices will be the same as a upscale spa on land. Sometimes they do have specials during port days. They do have a "persian garden area" that has tiled loungers and steam, sauna rooms to use before the spa treatment.

As an experienced spa goer, you can then decide.

I loved getting a massage at the begining of my cruise, to really feel like my vacation has begun. Never had a facial on board.

Have a wonderful cruise with your mom.

Unless they run a 50% off special during your cruise (sometimes they do) you will be able to find a better quality spa for less money on land; also far less likely to receive a hard sell to buy products at a land based spa than on the cruise ship. Some of the staff is down right aggressive in trying to make you buy products.

I agree with everyone's comments. I love getting a massage and facial as part of my vacation spoiling and have always done so on a sea day. Yes they give a really hard sell but I just say no and they eventually stop. it doesn't bother me to just say no thanks but I understand it may make other people uncomfortable.

If I had a piece of my vacation on land than I would probably do it there as it most likely is cheaper and the therapists are probably more experienced!

It is expensive but I love getting a massage on the cruise. I have had several and have NEVER had a hard sell. I just say right up front when they start that I am not going to purchase anything. I give a good tip and I usually book with the same person two or three times on a cruise. On the last three cruises they did have specials. They change daily.

Linda

Archived