Komarda restaurant Dubrovnik

Thanks to Terry in Ohio's visual's and blogs I have decided to go to Komarda..and Carol's blog too, which I really love!!

I think this restaurant would be a perfect place to take my mother in a few weeks. Her one request for our cruise was a great meal in Dubrovnik.

But how to get there? Can you walk beside the water?

The only info I can come up with if is exit Old Town through the Ploce gate, go over the drawbridge ..then nothing.

Thanks. My mom is going to love this place, me not so much as I am the most unadventurist eater.

Denise

Thanks to Terry in Ohio's visual's and blogs I have decided to go to Komarda..and Carol's blog too, which I really love!! I think this restaurant would be a perfect place to take my mother in a few weeks. Her one request for our cruise was a great meal in Dubrovnik. But how to get there? Can you walk beside the water? The only info I can come up with if is exit Old Town through the Ploce gate, go over the drawbridge ..then nothing. Thanks. My mom is going to love this place, me not so much as I am the most unadventurist eater. Denise

Hi, Denise! It's pretty easy to find. Below is more info. Just walk out that gate and keep going east along the waterside road for about 1000 feet. You'll see it in this small park-like area. You can go to this website in order to see lots more about

http://komarda.hr/index.php?lang=en

Their address is Ulica Frana Supila, Ploče, Dubrovnik. You can do a Google.com search with its maps feature, plug in that location and it will produce a map. Or, better, on their website at this below address, it show a map with a yellow arrow to their exact place along the water:

http://komarda.hr/index.php?option=com_phocamaps&view=map&id=1&Itemid=41&lang=en

Their e-mail is: restorankomarda@gmail.com

From those who didn't earlier postings, below are a few pictures from there.

For more details on why and how I super loved Dubrovnik, see more info and lots of great visual samples at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439227

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 77,582 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For our lunch at Komarda restaurant, here is the view from our table. Could you ask for a better location on a perfect weather day?:

2DubrDiningTableView.jpg

This was one of my seafood dishes, plus some rosotto. Wow!! So wonderful. :

DubrSeafoodAtLunch.jpg

Called Komarda, here are some examples of the various brands of wine produced in their own vineyards that they offer.:

DubrovWineOptionsBottles.jpg

Thanks Terry, it seems easy enough to get to. I did do their website to look at the location but when I zoomed in the picture got grainy.

Now, I have to figure out what I will eat from their menu..or maybe I will just have a glass of wine, while admiring the view :D. Anyway. my mom is going to be pleased with my choice!!

Denise

Archived