No option for family of 5 on Pride?

Well, technically not NO option but.... I was told when I called Carnival yesterday that the only connecting rooms that were available were balcony rooms on any cruise through April 2013. With a 2 year old, I do not want balconies! I was informed that the only connecting inside rooms available were 2-person rooms, which obviously won't work with 5 people. Will I have this problem on most carnival ships? We live so close to Baltimore, and really wanted to go out of that port, but I guess I'll be looking at other options...

We too, are a family of 5, and it is really hard to find a cruise that allows 5 to a room. It seems to be only the older ships that still allow this.

Dream allows 5 in Deluxe Oceanview

Well, technically not NO option but.... I was told when I called Carnival yesterday that the only connecting rooms that were available were balcony rooms on any cruise through April 2013. With a 2 year old, I do not want balconies! I was informed that the only connecting inside rooms available were 2-person rooms, which obviously won't work with 5 people. Will I have this problem on most carnival ships? We live so close to Baltimore, and really wanted to go out of that port, but I guess I'll be looking at other options...

The Pride does have 3 person and 2 person rooms next to each other on the Riviera deck. I do not know if they "connect" with a door between them that can be opened. Not knowing the date you want to cruise, I don't know if they are available either.

We always have two connecting cabins but I book 2-2.5 years in advance to make sure I get them... or when the booking becomes available. For our upcoming November cruise I was a little late for booking (only few months ago) and couldn’t find any connecting cabins for the cruise I want. So I was open minded, narrowed down to 5 possible cruises/itineraries (including NCL, RCCL) and book the one which had connecting cabins available. It was not my original choice but now happy with it. Taking Legend to the islands we have never been before except Cozumel.

What about booking balcony and the inside across from it? That would be another option for me to consider if no connecting available

We always have two connecting cabins but I book 2-2.5 years in advance to make sure I get them... or when the booking becomes available. For our upcoming November cruise I was a little late for booking (only few months ago) and couldn’t find any connecting cabins for the cruise I want. So I was open minded, narrowed down to 5 possible cruises/itineraries (including NCL, RCCL) and book the one which had connecting cabins available. It was not my original choice but now happy with it. Taking Legend to the islands we have never been before except Cozumel.

What about booking balcony and the inside across from it? That would be another option for me to consider if no connecting available

Thanks for all the replies. I wouldn't feel comfortable with the kids being across the hall. They're 6, 4 and 2. I guess I'll have to expand my search and book well in advance.

What's wrong with a balcony room? We booked a balcony room for our first cruise last year with our 15mo and 4.5 yo. Actually that was the only way we would do it. That way when the kids went to sleep in the evening we had somewhere to sit and talk/read so we didn't have to sit in a dark room and be quiet while they slept. The railings (or whatever they are called) are so high on the balcony there is no way a 2 year old could fall overboard!!!

Thanks for all the replies. I wouldn't feel comfortable with the kids being across the hall. They're 6, 4 and 2. I guess I'll have to expand my search and book well in advance.

We are a family of 5 also. Why don't you splint up the kids with your husband/mate? Like for us, I stay with the girls in a balcony cabin and my husband and son would stay across the hall in an inside cabin. That would be MUCH cheaper than two balconies.

I agree with having your husband across the hall.

Bring a baby monitor, so you can listen in at night after bed while you have alone time together then one of you can sleep there.

You would still be much closer than my kids bedroom is to mine at my own house.

I wouldn't too, but we "split" the kids. I am with my daughter in the cabin and my husband with our son.

One of my friends just books the two cabins and sleeps all in one. She has 4 children and there are 2 of them. That way they have two showerrs, more room. We were 4 in a room on the Pride, with a 13 and an 8 year old and I told my husband next time we will be having two rooms, THe 13 year old is very messy. Although we also said next time we go We are paying for a third adult as my youngest is autistic and never made the kid program so I only got maybe 9 hours the whole trip on my own, and Only one dinner with just hubby as I was always with the little one.

Every Fantasy class ship has rooms which accommodate 5. We did this with 2 adults and three teenagers with no problem at all, so you would be fine with three tiny kids.

The Dream class has larger oceanview rooms (330sf) with 2 bathrooms that accommodate 5. They are called Deluxe Family Oceanview and are category 6N.

We are a family of 5 also. We have connecting rooms on the uppe deck. A 3 and a 2. They are balcony rooms and our boys are 12 year old twins and a 3 year old. We will be extra vigilant with the rules. No climbing, no standing on chairs, or anything, no goofing around on balcony, our 3 year old has to be with an adult.

My mom and stepdad will be next door also.

We plan to open the dividers between all 3 cabins.

The railings (or whatever they are called) are so high on the balcony there is no way a 2 year old could fall overboard!!!

And there is a lock at the TOP of the door that would prevent a child from being able to open the door. (Not to mention the door is just plain heavy...)

We are a family of 5 also. We have connecting rooms on the uppe deck. A 3 and a 2. They are balcony rooms and our boys are 12 year old twins and a 3 year old. We will be extra vigilant with the rules. No climbing, no standing on chairs, or anything, no goofing around on balcony, our 3 year old has to be with an adult.

My mom and stepdad will be next door also.

We plan to open the dividers between all 3 cabins.

Might want to confirm you can open the balcony dividers between all 3 rooms. From what I have read you only certain ones can be opened.

TO TEACHSTAC: I too have an autistic son. We found a great group to travel with. It is called Autism on the Seas. You can google them and check out their schedule. They run aout 10 group cruises a year.. Some out of NJ. We have travelled with them twice. They are AMAZING. They bring special ed grad students to give us (free)respite. We send my non-verbal son into the play area with them everynight. He has a great time and we get some alone time. They also run group activities for the group alone. You dont pay anymore than if you traveled on your own. You also get VIP boarding . private dining room. and LOTS of other amenities. Check them out :) Let me know if you need anymore information on them.

Sorry to go off topic. I have a family of 5 too. We get two rooms but my older 2 kids are 19 and 17 so they get their own room and DH and I share a room with our 13yo autistic son. I do have to agree with the above poster, the doors are very heavy and a little one would have trouble opening the door to a balcony. But you know your comfort level.

on deck 5 and up there are 2 connecting cabins on each side of the ship (forward)

One is a balcony that connects to an inside cabin.

Or book ONE balcony cabin and an inside across the hall (all 5 of you sleep in one cabin and use the other cabin for storage.

the babies will not be going anywhere on the balcony. The doors are heavy and they lock. the railing sits at most adults waist high. Im sure they will not be out there by themselves

On our Triumph cruise we had an oceanview cabin that slept 4 of us. There was a connecting door (which was closed and locked) in the room and the family next to us had 4 people also, I believe. So, there are connecting non-balcony cabins on some ships.

ArWe are a family of 5 with 3 small children and I could not imagine sleeping in two rooms....or letting my kids be alone at all in another room (my opinion not knocking anyone else for doing it) so when we decided to start looking we only searched ships that would accomodate all of us in one room...these all seem to go out of FL, LA, SC, CA or TX for Carnival ships. We ended up booking on a Fantasy class ship...but I know Dream had some rooms that were oceanview for 5.

Royal Caribbean had other options...but were a bit out of the budget for us.

Good luck! :)

the pride only has connecting balcony rooms. but on the 5th, 6th, and 7th deck they have the front two balcony rooms connect to interior rooms. 5th deck balcony room 5108 connects to interior room 5106. (this room is 15 feet from camp carnival) and also balcony room 5107 connects to interior room 5105. on the 6th deck balcony room 6112 connects to interior room 6108. also balcony room 6115 connects to interior room 6109. and on the 7th deck balcony room 7108 connects to interior room 7106. also balcony room 7107 connects to interior room 7105.

i have been on two cruises on the pride with my 2 young kids and both times had these types of connecting rooms and they are great. put the kids in the interior room and block the front door with the small table in the room. and you don't have to worry about them going on the balcony or outside without them coming into our room first.

these rooms go fast as there are only 6 that connect with interior rooms. hope this helps, if you have any questions i will keep an eye on the forum and try to answer them for you.

We were on the Pride in March and had connecting rooms 5253 & 5257. They were balcony rooms but we kept the balcony doors locked and the connecting door open so it was more like a bigger room with two bathrooms. The kids were in one and my husband & I in the other. Worked out great. I don't think the trip would have been as pleasant if we were cramped up in one room together.

the pride only has connecting balcony rooms. but on the 5th, 6th, and 7th deck they have the front two balcony rooms connect to interior rooms. 5th deck balcony room 5108 connects to interior room 5106. (this room is 15 feet from camp carnival) and also balcony room 5107 connects to interior room 5105. on the 6th deck balcony room 6112 connects to interior room 6108. also balcony room 6115 connects to interior room 6109. and on the 7th deck balcony room 7108 connects to interior room 7106. also balcony room 7107 connects to interior room 7105.

i have been on two cruises on the pride with my 2 young kids and both times had these types of connecting rooms and they are great. put the kids in the interior room and block the front door with the small table in the room. and you don't have to worry about them going on the balcony or outside without them coming into our room first.

these rooms go fast as there are only 6 that connect with interior rooms. hope this helps, if you have any questions i will keep an eye on the forum and try to answer them for you.

This does help! Thank you! Do you know if the interior rooms that the balcony rooms connect to can accomodate 3?

Archived