Ever slept overnight on the Serenity Deck?

Hello! My husband and I are going on our 3rd Carnival Cruise next month (woohoo!). We've always found the Serenity Deck to be very relaxing. We were wondering if anyone has ever spent the night in one of the hammocks on the Serenity Deck. Is that even allowed? We were thinking it would be very relaxing to sleep out there just one night with the sounds of the sea and the breeze blowing. We have an interior room, so it isn't like we can just open up our balcony door in our room or anything. Thanks!

Me and DH fell asleep ( passed out :rolleyes: from exhaustion) out there one night about 1 pm , no one bothered us. we woke up about 4 pm and went back to our room. it was pretty deserted when we woke up but no one ever said a word.

My husband and I had an aft wrap on the Dream but spent many of the overnight hours in the Serenity hammocks :) We spent much of our last night aboard in the port hammock - it was peaceful and silent. One of the memories etched in my mind from this trip are the white things spinning above Serenity =)

I don't know exactly when they clean, but I can tell you that sometime between second seating and midnight they take away SOME of the cushions which I imagine they clean as needed and on a rotating basis. Judging by our experience, I don't think you would ever be asked to leave. If you were, it would be in that brief dinner-midnight window if they washed the decks.

Ps. One night we went up there it was probably 12:30-1am and nobody was around. We had the extra blanket from our room and hiked up to the Starboard hammock. It began to rain so we ducked under the blanket but then a downpour sent us downstairs to the covered area of Serenity. There, we happened upon some "visiting" teenagers who probably THOUGHT that the place was deserted :p We stayed there listening to our music (double ear buds) and fell asleep. Never saw the teens again the entire cruise. Not together anyways ;)

I think security will eventually harass you into moving.

stars are best seen from the front of the ship. They need to keep it dark for navigation.

I can tell you for sure that the lights were still on and no security as "late" as 2:30-3am.

Hmm I'm thinking this sounds like a good idea to me. We may try this in September. We have a balcony and I was thinking about sleeping on the loungers out there, but one of the hammocks sounds much more fun.

We've seen people that have spent the night on deck many, many times. I don't think that they were looking at the stars though....unless the stars were at the bottom of tequila bottle, LOL! We're usually up and walking the deck by 8 a.m. and they're still there.

Me and DH fell asleep ( passed out :rolleyes: from exhaustion) out there one night about 1 pm , no one bothered us. we woke up about 4 pm and went back to our room. it was pretty deserted when we woke up but no one ever said a word.

They didn't say a word because 1pm-4pm is the afternoon.

I think security will eventually harass you into moving.

Last year JH posted on FB that someone took a mattress from their room and proceeded to carry it to the LIDO deck, trying to sleep outside. I don't remember if the person reached the LIDO deck, but I think he/she did. Security eventually made them return the mattress to their cabin.

On the Dream last summer, DH and I went to the Serenity area around 11:00pm and laid in a hammock together. We fell asleep and woke up at 2:00am. Kind of freaked me out that we had actually fallen into a deep sleep without realizing it. When we awoke and decided to go back to our cabin, the area (clamshells and couches) were filled, and I mean filled, with amorous teenagers - young couples. Kind of funny - we just tippy toed past them; but trust me - I'll NEVER EVER sit on one of those cushions without a towel! ;)

Tried that and still too much light last week.

When we were on the dream it was always DARK up there. We had no problems seeing the stars up there. We could still see them good on the serenity deck too. We never fell asleep all night up there. Be we didnt nap a few times later at night. There was hardly anybody ever there. I dont think any of the staff would bother you. You arent hurting anything. So i dont see the problem.

MANY years ago, on our first cruise, we had an interior cabin on RCI. Would go to bed and then get woken up by my husband's snoring. Had to turn light on to see what time it was and then could never get back to sleep -- partly from snoring, partly from turning the light on. I would take my book and go up on the pool deck and read and fall asleep. Woke up several times to guy "swabbing the deck." Other than that, no one bothered me.

MANY years ago, on our first cruise, we had an interior cabin on RCI. Would go to bed and then get woken up by my husband's snoring. Had to turn light on to see what time it was and then could never get back to sleep -- partly from snoring, partly from turning the light on. I would take my book and go up on the pool deck and read and fall asleep. Woke up several times to guy "swabbing the deck." Other than that, no one bothered me.

My wife snores, so no couch to go sleep on, so I might have to sleep on the balcony or the deck.

We've seen people that have spent the night on deck many, many times. I don't think that they were looking at the stars though....unless the stars were at the bottom of tequila bottle.

LMAO! This thread is great. The one thing about cruising I don't like is sleeping next to my dh after he's been drinking. Drinking makes him snore way too loudly for me to sleep, even with earplugs in. At home, if he's been drinking, he sleeps on the couch. Looks like I found the equivalent of the "the couch".

On a calm night you migth be able to do this in one of the hammocks, but there's always some morning wetness on the decks and cushions when ever we've gone to the Serenity to eat breakfast. I have stumbled upon cruisers "sleeping" on stairwells between decks at 6AM.

As far as running into amourous teens/young couples, you "Old Fogies" aren't suppose to be awake past 10PM. :D

Archived