Celebrity Captain's Club coupons

El_Rolfo

Hi,

has anyone of you used the coupon for rebate on certain Mediterranean cruises available via your captain's club part of your accounts at celebritycruises.com?

I found a coupon just as I was about to book, and it seems it is applicable for my trip. The code is (according to the coupon) JARB for Verandas on our cruise on the 10th of August on the Silhouette. My TA in the UK had not heard of this, and are telling me to send in the coupon to the RCI UK office via SNAIL MAIL. That just doesn't sound right to me. As I'm not an American, I might run into some problems here?

"Book your cruise between April 1, 2012, and July 31, 2012, to take advantage of these offers.

$

125 OFF

Code: JARB

REDEEM IN 3 EASY STEPS

Step 1: Book Your Cruise

Book one of the sailings below.

Verandas

(except Concierge Class and Suites)

Contact your Travel Agent, or call us at 18772024344

or visit CelebrityCruises.com

. Please provide your Savings

Certificate code at the time of reservation. International members should contact your local office or representative to take advantage of these offers.

Step 2: Send Us An Email

To apply the savings to your booking, email the reservation number, ship, sail date, and Savings Certificate code that corresponds to your sailing to

coupons@celebrity.com

. Information may also be faxed to (866) 2225150,

or mailed to Celebrity Cruises, 1050 Caribbean Way, Coupon Redemption,

Miami, FL 33132

. If booked through a Travel Agent, your Agent will handle this step. This information must be submitted to Celebrity Cruises prior

directly to verify your savings.

"

I did throw a contact-me mail to the captain's club e-mail address, but I really want this sorted out asap, because this needs to be applied for at latest before final payment which is 14th of May.

Perhaps I'll try the coupons@celebrity.com too. Just curious if anyone had used these already?

Looking forward to the cruise though, sailed the Millennium on the Panama Canal eastbound in 2009 (which was awesome!) and then the Costa Favolosa in March this year (not as good). Let's hope the Silhouette still reminds me of the service on the Millennium. :)

to final payment.

Step 3: Enjoy Your Savings

You'll receive an email in five business days confirming your savings have been applied. For Travel Agent bookings, please contact your Agent

I really do hope you'll be successful in acquiring the credit/ discount. It might depend on which country you're from.

I'm very unhappy with Celebrity's inconsistent policy regarding Captain's Club coupons, discounts, shareholder OBC and/or price guarantees right now. What is being promised on the homepage does not hold true for every country Celebrity Cruises advertise and sell cruises in. I would wish for a few things regarding price policies that don't vary from continent to continet or even from country to country!!

Let me give you two examples I personally encountered in the last two weeks and which made me quite mad at that time. ( I've recovered a bit but still am mad at the indifference I was shown when politely asking for clarification of the issues). Whenever I have access to my "My Celebrity" account I see nice Exciting Tuesday Specials, Promos or Captain's Club coupons. All of those I can't get when I don't use an overseas travel agent but book in my own country, as officially required by Celebrity. We also have CC coupons, but they are sometimes outdated ( i.e. not updated) and when I tried to use one of those still valid for my upcoming May cruise I had to e-mail three times to prove to them what was easily to be seen on their own homepage...:mad::mad: And when I finally had shown them that it was indeed a valid discount I was later denied stockholder OBC because I did not know that both are not combinable. :(

Another interesting feature varying from country to country are price drops or 48-hours price guarantees. In the UK for example you can claim price drops after final payment, in Germany you can't. Last week I booked a cruise to a country that was on our bucket list for a price I was quite comfortable with - I don't want to complain or be seen as a greedy person, please! On the other hand there was a very significant senior reduction 24 hours after my booking (of about 400$) . A price adjustment was denied because there is no price guarantee valid for 48 hours in this country...

So excuse my rambling - make sure to find out whether you can claim your reduction or if you won't be eligible for it anyway.

Thanks Grayjay, especially about the part with the stock holder obc. I better not push this any further then, because I don't want to lose out on that one. :) I wrote a mail to captains club, awaiting answer to that.

Thanks Grayjay, especially about the part with the stock holder obc. I better not push this any further then, because I don't want to lose out on that one. :) I wrote a mail to captains club, awaiting answer to that.

The various dollars off or OBC promotions funded by Celebrity (as opposed to those funded by your TA themselves) are in fact not combinable with the shareholder's discount. You only receive the higher of the two. See item #9 on the Shareholder's discount FAQ: http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

Thanks LSimon,

now we know for sure then. Regarding the coupon, I did get an answer from coupons@rccl.com that it had now been applied to my account. Even though I shouldn't contact them directly but rather through my TA, I did get it applied.

Now, time to send in my stock holder certificate to cancel the earlier coupon... :)

In the UK for example you can claim price drops after final payment, in Germany you can't.

I am in the UK and we shall be on our first Celebrity cruise (to Alaska) in a few weeks. At 50 days out, the prices dropped massively so that a Sky suite was far lower than what we had paid for a Concierge. Celebrity insisted that we have to pay £200 each if we wanted to upgrade!! This meant we would have paid £500 more than our last minute booked neighbours had we taken that up which we didn't.

We have also been denied shareholder OBC as we booked a special rate. I don't think it was a special rate but I can't be bothered to argue.

Not a good start with Celebrity. I shall vote with my feet and sell the RC shares. Unless it is a very special cruise, I shall also be booking very last minute.

We have another Celebrity cruise booked but shall carefully consider whether we book with them again.

Thanks LSimon,

now we know for sure then. Regarding the coupon, I did get an answer from coupons@rccl.com that it had now been applied to my account. Even though I shouldn't contact them directly but rather through my TA, I did get it applied.

Now, time to send in my stock holder certificate to cancel the earlier coupon... :)

How much was the coupon worth in pounds?

I am in the UK and we shall be on our first Celebrity cruise (to Alaska) in a few weeks. At 50 days out, the prices dropped massively so that a Sky suite was far lower than what we had paid for a Concierge. Celebrity insisted that we have to pay £200 each if we wanted to upgrade!! This meant we would have paid £500 more than our last minute booked neighbours had we taken that up which we didn't.

We have also been denied shareholder OBC as we booked a special rate. I don't think it was a special rate but I can't be bothered to argue.

Not a good start with Celebrity. I shall vote with my feet and sell the RC shares. Unless it is a very special cruise, I shall also be booking very last minute.

We have another Celebrity cruise booked but shall carefully consider whether we book with them again.

You should be able to email the shareholding team directly for the reduction - there are no special rates which would prevent this, only other coupons AFAIK.

I sold my shares, but when I did have them, it was not an issue to get it credited.

http://www.rclinvestor.com/ / ShareholderBenefit@rccl.com should help

Archived