Avalon Blue Danube to the Black Sea

webfoot

As promised (or threatened), I have just submitted my review to Cruise Critic and will post the link when it is approved.

We were fortunate to be on the Presiden't Cruise. Some of the optional tours were included with our sailing.

If anyone has questions after reading the review, please let me know!

My review of our tour has been posted on CruiseCritic:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=101915

Let me know if you have any questions!

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. We just got back from Prague to Budapest and are thinking of finishing the Danube also so I was interested in your review (for some reason your destination is listed as Africa?).

Webfoot,

You mention upcoming changes in 2013 in your review. Can you tell us what they might be? Do you still have to pay for WiFi on Avalon's ships?

My husband and I were on the Imagery when it smashed into a lock halfway through the cruise two years ago. We never found out what caused the accident, but there was a "substitute captain" on that particular cruise, so who knows? The trip became a bus/hotel tour which was handled beautifully by Avalon.

We are contemplating the Moselle trip from Amsterdam to Basel next year.

Thanks for the well-written review. Also, happy to hear you enjoed the food since some cruisers have been critical of the choices and quality.

There will be a choice of the type of tour that you can take in each port. Overview, or in depth, or a specialization. Also, with the food you will be able to choose portion size. I found that most of the meals served too much for me. Also there will be a choice (atleast on the newer ships) of where to dine. I know that there were other things mentioned but right now I can't come up with any others ... old age gets me sometimes.

We did one of the luncheons on the top deck. They offered burgers, sausages, pork chops, and various salads and sides. And, of course, there were the desserts. We enjoyed it but wished that the day would have been a little bit warmer.

It was interesting to have dinner with Patrick Clark. His wife ordered mainly the vegetarian choice and the night we ate with him he also chose the vegetarian choice. He sais that it was OK but not one of his favorites. I am glad to see that he had the a variety of food for his own reviews.

Amsterdam to Basel is a trip that we had discussed but right now I cannot think that far ahead. Whatever you choose should be a wonderful trip!

This was our 5th Avalon cruise. Each one was our favorite. We have been asked this quite a few times but i think we both agree that we liked our Windmills, Vineyards and Paris trip the best. It was on the maiden voyage of the Affinity. I know that the itinerary has changed since we took the cruise. Of course we loved Amsterdam to Budapest, and the 2 France itineraries, and the Blue Danube to the Black Sea, too.

Archived