MSC Magnifica Europe June 2012

surgtek8

I have just read alot of reviews of the MSC Magnifica, mostly Mediterrean cruises and alot of people have been unhappy. Has anyone done the Northern European cruise (Germany,Denmark,Sweden,Estonia,Russia) ? I feel like I should cancel and try another cruise line. Any suggestions?? I am going June 2012. :eek:

If you know what to expect by reading the reviews, you'll have a better time since you'll be prepared. We did the Splendida last April and after reading the reviews I knew what to expect and how to sometimes go around it. Don't expect it to be anything like an American line and you have to pay for almost everything on board, sometimes at a steep price. We still had a great time but I won't be cruising with them again since I want to try a more luxurious line. But for the price, it was worth it. It's a cheap cruise line and remember that you get what you pay for.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks to all that answered, we did do a Costa cruise in 2008 and other than the I'll mannered Europeans we had a great time, I am prepared for what may come with this cruise but we are not going in with any great expectations. Anyone on the June 17th cruise out of Kiel?

I will definately come back and give my opinion, again we have cruised on the European cruise line Costa and like I said except for the rudeness of some people (which after a while we found funny) the cruise was great. I believe because we don't go with high expectations and just go with the flow we have a better time. I am hoping though since it is early June that there will not be as many kids on board and maybe more seasoned cruisers. I definately will give you all the good and the bad. I only posted the question because I saw such bad reviews for all the MSC and yet they were all the Mediterrian cruise, no had posted for the Baltic so it could possibly be just that cruise type. If anyone goes before me please post or post pictures. I will do both if possible. Thanks to all who answered. :p

I will definately come back and give my opinion, again we have cruised on the European cruise line Costa and like I said except for the rudeness of some people (which after a while we found funny) the cruise was great. I believe because we don't go with high expectations and just go with the flow we have a better time. I am hoping though since it is early June that there will not be as many kids on board and maybe more seasoned cruisers. I definately will give you all the good and the bad. I only posted the question because I saw such bad reviews for all the MSC and yet they were all the Mediterrian cruise, no had posted for the Baltic so it could possibly be just that cruise type. If anyone goes before me please post or post pictures. I will do both if possible. Thanks to all who answered. :p

I have done the Med twice on MSC and enjoyed both cruises.

Here is the link to the write up I did on the Fantasia if you're interested.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1334289

Lois

Archived