Toddler - sofa bed or rollaway?

Hi

We have just booked a GS on Oasis.

Will be travelling with a 2.5 year old (who has been out of a cot for about 6 months - so no chance of getting back into one...)

We have a choice of using the sofa bed in the cabin or a rollaway.

From people's experiences, what is generally more suitable for a toddler? I will get a pair of those inflatable bolsters o stop him rolling out

Thanks

Boo

I would go with the sofabed because you will have more area to be able to put the bolsters or bumpers as we call them.:) Rollaway beds tend to be narrow so you would lose sleeping area with the inflatable bolsters. If you are able to get one side of the rollaway against a wall then I think it is a tossup as to which I would choose. You can always put a request in now for a rollaway and change your mind once you get on the ship.

sofa bed. Friends did this on our last cruise. They turned the couch around so it faced the wall and scrunched extra pillows against the wall to cushion it. The little guy thought it was great and loved having his own special space.

Thanks both of you.

I would go with the sofabed because you will have more area to be able to put the bolsters or bumpers as we call them.:) Rollaway beds tend to be narrow so you would lose sleeping area with the inflatable bolsters. If you are able to get one side of the rollaway against a wall then I think it is a tossup as to which I would choose. You can always put a request in now for a rollaway and change your mind once you get on the ship.

I am maybe tempted to get one and TRY to get it between the side of the bed and the window in the bedroom bit of the suite. I assume that the main bed isn't fixed and we will be able to move the side table out of the way... Would be a bit cramped, but would be the ideal solution for us (would keep the bumpers on to keep him away from the window): since would mean less disturbance for him after he has gone to bed.

But - if things didn't work out - they would take the rollaway away and we could just use the sofa bed?

Boo

sofa bed. Friends did this on our last cruise. They turned the couch around so it faced the wall and scrunched extra pillows against the wall to cushion it. The little guy thought it was great and loved having his own special space.

That is a good suggestion too :)

Thanks both of you.

I am maybe tempted to get one and TRY to get it between the side of the bed and the window in the bedroom bit of the suite. I assume that the main bed isn't fixed and we will be able to move the side table out of the way... Would be a bit cramped, but would be the ideal solution for us (would keep the bumpers on to keep him away from the window): since would mean less disturbance for him after he has gone to bed.

But - if things didn't work out - they would take the rollaway away and we could just use the sofa bed?

Boo

Absolutely, they will do whatever works best for your family. Talk to your cabin steward once you get on board. They will take nightstands away and move things to try to make it work the way you want it. They will also know whether or not it will fit because you are probably not the first one who has tried to do what you are wanting to do.

Absolutely, they will do whatever works best for your family. Talk to your cabin steward once you get on board. They will take nightstands away and move things to try to make it work the way you want it. They will also know whether or not it will fit because you are probably not the first one who has tried to do what you are wanting to do.

Brilliant, thank you.

Think we will do that, then: request the rollaway, then work with our steward to try to get it to fit. If it doesn't, then will use the sofa bed (thanks to the tips on here :) ).

Boo

I have not been in a GS on the Oasis, but in a few GS on other ships.

In none of the GS I´ve been in a rollaway would fit between the beds and windows, even pushing the beds together and all the way to the vanity.

As for the suggestion about turning the sofa around, that´s not gonna work in a GS either.

On another note, we are talking about a sofa bed here and not making the bed on the sofa itself.

Archived