Balcony on Explorer of the Seas

I was doing a little reading here and I found a site that shows actual photos taken by passengers of particular staterooms. I went on the site and while they didn't have my particular cabin, I was able to view another junior suite that was 2 rooms away. All looked good until I saw the balcony. It looks like it's split by a large column, which really disappoints me.

155.jpg

How can I go about finding out if this is also in my particular room? Would the customer service reps at Royal Caribbean even understand what I was talking about if I called them and asked?

I was doing a little reading here and I found a site that shows actual photos taken by passengers of particular staterooms. I went on the site and while they didn't have my particular cabin, I was able to view another junior suite that was 2 rooms away. All looked good until I saw the balcony. It looks like it's split by a large column, which really disappoints me.

155.jpg

How can I go about finding out if this is also in my particular room? Would the customer service reps at Royal Caribbean even understand what I was talking about if I called them and asked?

This obstruction exists on the balconies of staterooms 9554 and 9254 on the first gen (Voyager, Explorer, and Adventure) ships. I am not sure if they also exist on the second gen (Navigator and Mariner) ships.

This obstruction exists on the balconies of staterooms 9554 and 9254 on the first gen (Voyager, Explorer, and Adventure) ships. I am not sure if they also exist on the second gen (Navigator and Mariner) ships.

We're on the Explorer. Are those the only rooms with obstructions? My family also has balcony rooms and Junior suites.

We're on the Explorer. Are those the only rooms with obstructions? My family also has balcony rooms and Junior suites.

Sorry, I only kept the info about the JS's. Don't know about the balconies.

My mother in law just called RC, and they told her my suite has no obstruction, but hers has "About a 25 % obstruction"

She's really not happy about this and is on the phone with the travel agent right now asking why we weren't told this and trying to get another JS. :(

Archived