Le Harve

MICHE99

Can you be more specific as to the info you are looking for?

We were in Le Havre last week. The port is ENORMOUS. It is a HUGE commercial shipping port, with a small cruise terminal. We were on a private shore excursion and our driver even had trouble finding her way back to our ship.

I think you'll want to get some VERY specific info from your cruise line....

The cruise terminal is very easy to find. We've done this twice -- the last time was in April.

There are signs all over showing the way to the cruise terminal. If you're renting a car from "Rent-a-Car", they are at the cruise terminal but it isn't staffed all day long. The address of the cruse terminal is Quai Roger Meunier, 76600 Le Havre. We took our GPS and that address took us right to the terminal.

Here's a link to the terminal. There's an interactive map. Just zoom in and you'll see the 2 piers - Roger Meunier and Pierre Callet. The terminal is the last building (on the left or west) on the map.

http://www.cruiselehavre.com/croisieres-le-havre/havre-cruise-terminal.asp

• 3 weeks later...
We are driving from Paris to Le Havre to catch a cruise. Does anyone know the appropriate drop off location.

There is only one PORT/ Cruise Terminal in Le Havre, so everyone can direct you once in town - see cruise terminal images on this video:

There is only one PORT/ Cruise Terminal in Le Havre, so everyone can direct you once in town - see cruise terminal images on this video:

Yes...but...we had rented a car there in 2008, and were returning from the Landing Beaches. We only had the map from the car rental place (i.e. not very good), and, while I generally have a good sense of direction, and a good memory for places/locations, we had trouble finding the cruise pier. The port area is huge, and we found that the locals, while knowing, vaguely, that cruise ships do stop there, couldn't give us clear directions on how to get there (and I speak passable French)---it was more a case of, " En face...la" (straight ahead...there!)...all well and good, but when you're 2 or 3 Kms away, and there's multiple turns involved, and there's (as you can see from the earlier map link, only one or two entrances to the cruise ship area)....not so easy.

We made the ship....but barely!!

While I am a big fan of DIY, and of renting cars , I would sugest that, for Le Havre, that one either has a GPS or a good map.

Bonne chance!

The cruise terminal is very easy to find. We've done this twice -- the last time was in April.

There are signs all over showing the way to the cruise terminal. If you're renting a car from "Rent-a-Car", they are at the cruise terminal but it isn't staffed all day long. The address of the cruse terminal is Quai Roger Meunier, 76600 Le Havre. We took our GPS and that address took us right to the terminal.

Here's a link to the terminal. There's an interactive map. Just zoom in and you'll see the 2 piers - Roger Meunier and Pierre Callet. The terminal is the last building (on the left or west) on the map.

Wow--signs would have been nice--they must be relatively new!?

Usually French roads and towns are so well signposted.

Yes...but...we had rented a car there in 2008, and were returning from the Landing Beaches. We only had the map from the car rental place (i.e. not very good), and, while I generally have a good sense of direction, and a good memory for places/locations, we had trouble finding the cruise pier. The port area is huge, and we found that the locals, while knowing, vaguely, that cruise ships do stop there, couldn't give us clear directions on how to get there (and I speak passable French)---it was more a case of, " En face...la" (straight ahead...there!)...all well and good, but when you're 2 or 3 Kms away, and there's multiple turns involved, and there's (as you can see from the earlier map link, only one or two entrances to the cruise ship area)....not so easy.

We made the ship....but barely!!

While I am a big fan of DIY, and of renting cars , I would sugest that, for Le Havre, that one either has a GPS or a good map.

Bonne chance!

Indeed - last year, we actually walked from the Train Station to the Cruise Terminal as there were no taxis in sight and we had plenty of time to spare.

Signs were posted everywhere, so it was a pretty easy walk although driving a car in the area may not be the same:

Photo album: http://lisbontoengland2011april.shutterfly.com/pictures/13284

47a1d601b3127cce98559c829afb00000068100Abs2rls5csmfA

47a1d601b3127cce98559d715ba000000078100Abs2rls5csmfA

47a1d601b3127cce98559d7d5bac00000068100Abs2rls5csmfA

47a1d601b3127cce98559d7b5baa00000078100Abs2rls5csmfA

47a1d601b3127cce98559d52dab300000058100Abs2rls5csmfA

47a1d601b3127cce98559d595b8800000058100Abs2rls5csmfA

• 5 months later...

There are signs all over showing the way to the cruise terminal. If you're renting a car from "Rent-a-Car", they are at the cruise terminal but it isn't staffed all day long. The address of the cruse terminal is Quai Roger Meunier, 76600 Le Havre. We took our GPS and that address took us right to the terminal. ......

Do you by any chance know how late "Rent-a-Car" stays open? Our ship sails at 8pm. I would hope to return the car by 7pm at the latest, but that is still a bit after regular work hours. Also would like to know if Rent-a-Car has an online website so I can compare rates with Hertz. Thanks.

Do you by any chance know how late "Rent-a-Car" stays open? Our ship sails at 8pm. I would hope to return the car by 7pm at the latest, but that is still a bit after regular work hours. Also would like to know if Rent-a-Car has an online website so I can compare rates with Hertz. Thanks.

www.rentacar.fr

le_havre@rentacar.fr

Archived