BF Got Email for Spa Discount, But I Paid for Cruise

We're leaving tomorrow on the Explorer's 5 night cruise to Bermuda. Today, my BF got an email for a 10% spa discount. However, I didn't get the same email and I'M the one who paid for the cruise!

WTH?

(probably not going to use it anyway because it says something to the effect that the person has to "take a tour of the spa..." and I'll be damned if I'll have to suffer through a sales pitch just for a 10% discount :P)

We're leaving tomorrow on the Explorer's 5 night cruise to Bermuda. Today, my BF got an email for a 10% spa discount. However, I didn't get the same email and I'M the one who paid for the cruise!

WTH?

(probably not going to use it anyway because it says something to the effect that the person has to "take a tour of the spa..." and I'll be damned if I'll have to suffer through a sales pitch just for a 10% discount :P)

Just a preview of marriage...you pay he gets the benefits!.....:D:D:D

"it is a JOKE"

WTH?

Hmm interesting...wonder what they are trying to sell? More services I suppose. Ah go ahead and do it. If it's not too long, it might be worth a bit of a break...

You could however bring the oil and tell your BF that he could save some $$$ for a nice massage. ;)

But it does seem to be an RCI policy to ignore the woman in favor of the man. I've booked and paid for, with my own personal credit card, multiple cruises. DH isn't as interested in cruising as I am, so he doesn't even come with me all the time; I'll go with a friend or other family member. So after years of me booking & paying, guess whose name is on our C&A membership, and whose name has been dropped?

I hate to be harsh, but they're beginning to act like a bunch of Republicans.

Oh yes, it's one of the things that irks me about the cruise lines - and others do it, too. It doesn't matter if you've sailed 20 times, and the man in your life has sailed once. He gets all the mail, and you don't exist.

The real kicker is when they gave the crystal block for our 20th cruise to my husband.. I am the one with all the points, and he got the block. :rolleyes:

Hmm interesting...wonder what they are trying to sell? More services I suppose. Ah go ahead and do it. If it's not too long, it might be worth a bit of a break...

You could however bring the oil and tell your BF that he could save some $$$ for a nice massage. ;)

LOL he already had thought of that and picked some up because all the treatments I wanted were sold out :D

But it does seem to be an RCI policy to ignore the woman in favor of the man. I've booked and paid for, with my own personal credit card, multiple cruises. DH isn't as interested in cruising as I am, so he doesn't even come with me all the time; I'll go with a friend or other family member. So after years of me booking & paying, guess whose name is on our C&A membership, and whose name has been dropped?

Yea, I hear you.

BF and I have a non-traditional relationship by many standards. We're nearly "common law" - been together for years, but have chosen not to marry yet (we're older). Employment has been difficult for him in recent years, however, thankfully I earn a decent living so while it's kind of tight at times, I can manage to squeeze out a vacation now and then for us.

But it does bother me that a company would make an assumption that the man on the account would be the one paying for the trip. Which I can't understand since if they were to take half a minute to pay attention to the account they would see that it is my name on the credit card that booked and purchased the trip and, bought all incidentals for the trip. If he hadn't thought to tell me about that email I never would have known there was a possibility of a discount (and believe me, he's great in many ways but his memory is pathetic, I'm shocked he showed the email to me) and I could have missed out on it plus who knows what else?

BTW, this didn't happen with NCL, who we've cruised with in the past. I always got the emails directed to me. I wonder if it's a RCI thing? Anyway I'm the kind of person to complain about policies like this so I'll probably drop corporate a line or two letting them know that I'm displeased. May not change anything but it will make me feel better.

Just a preview of marriage...you pay he gets the benefits!.....:D:D:D

"it is a JOKE"

I took it as one, don't worry lol.

Although, I AM paying and we aren't even married yet :P

Happens over here too! I book everything and pay with my credit card and all the marketing brochures come to the house in his name. It really is annoying. How difficult can it be for them target who is paying and send the correspondence to that person:rolleyes:

Happens over here too! I book everything and pay with my credit card and all the marketing brochures come to the house in his name. It really is annoying. How difficult can it be for them target who is paying and send the correspondence to that person:rolleyes:

OOOOOO this happens in our home too! I was a C&A member even before my husband yet all marketing materials go to him. It's insulting actually. But I am happy to know that I am not the only person this happens to. And like all of you, it's my credit card all the cruises are booked on! grrrrrr!!!!

OOOOOO this happens in our home too! I was a C&A member even before my husband yet all marketing materials go to him. It's insulting actually. But I am happy to know that I am not the only person this happens to. And like all of you, it's my credit card all the cruises are booked on! grrrrrr!!!!

Yeah, but at the end of the day it's a nice problem to have...isn't it:D

just a thought...I opt out of mailings. If DH was to get something, I would *assume* it was because I opted out. Also, who's name was first on the booking? Just curious as I haven't not seen this. I am in no way disagreeing with you at all.

I'll resist the temptation to make a comment about democrats and bogus information. :D

Haha, funny. Same here though, I've been the one sailing on cruises for years, my husband only got into the mix from our honeymoon on. And now, everything is in his name. I do the bookings, have the loyalty programs, etc. and everything is addressed to him... grr. :rolleyes:

I believe I'm first. How do they determine that? If I go online, it says me. Plus alphabetically, I'm first as well if they go by that - both by first and last name.

As for opting out of mailings that would be way more likely to be him. He despises getting lots of unnecessary email and pretty much says "no" to everything offered :/

We have the same thing with our timeshare. We purchased it together and both of our names are on the deed, yet I have to confirm all of his information and he has to give me personal access to be able to talk about our account.

Like someone said not the worst of things but sometimes frustrating.

Two thoughts...1)your email may be on the way. My wife and I almost never receive the same RCI email on the same day. One of us always gets them sooner. 2)Check your spam folder to make sure it was accidentally tagged as spam.

Oh my people! Politics and Sexual Gender all in one thread, I might as well bring up religion to complete the circle.

Give it a rest, the man is usually the head of the household, I keep seeing people saying, MY e-mail, MY credit card, Mine, Mine, Mine. This is whats wrong with our country what happened to a shared marrage and relationship, what is mine is also my wifes and it goes both ways.

Also be very careful about that "common law" thing that was mentioned. I had an Aunt and Uncle that never got married had 2 kids and were together for over 40 years. My "Uncle" died and my Aunt went to apply for his Railroad pension and ...... Since they were never married she got ZIP!!! Then my cousins start asking.. mom you and dad where never married?

Sorry for the rant but give it a rest. Also the Spa tour is not that bad and you get to try out some the cool features and massage beds.

Go ahead and let the flaming begin.....

Wow that sucks! Lol I would also think that's insulting.

Luckily I don't have this issue. I am the head of the household and the one who plans and pays the cruises. ;) Everything comes to me. My DH doesn't get any emails from RCI. :p and it's much better this way to address everything to the planner.

Oh my people! Politics and Sexual Gender all in one thread, I might as well bring up religion to complete the circle.

Give it a rest, the man is usually the head of the household, I keep seeing people saying, MY e-mail, MY credit card, Mine, Mine, Mine. This is whats wrong with our country what happened to a shared marrage and relationship, what is mine is also my wifes and it goes both ways.

Also be very careful about that "common law" thing that was mentioned. I had an Aunt and Uncle that never got married had 2 kids and were together for over 40 years. My "Uncle" died and my Aunt went to apply for his Railroad pension and ...... Since they were never married she got ZIP!!! Then my cousins start asking.. mom you and dad where never married?

Sorry for the rant but give it a rest. Also the Spa tour is not that bad and you get to try out some the cool features and massage beds.

Go ahead and let the flaming begin.....

Amen and amen. Hope you've got on your Sunday Asbestos Best...because you are probably going to need it. :eek:

Hackpba, we have more in common than you might think. DH & I have been happily married for 40+ years, and in general we would both agree that he is the head of the household. However, we each have our individual interests. He would never dispute my title as head of the knitting department, for instance.

So in this household you have person A, who isn't very interested in cruising, has only been on a few, and has NEVER booked or paid for a cruise; and person B, who loves cruising madly and has booked and paid for over a dozen. If RCI's business model dictates ignoring person B, who wants to buy cruises, and trying to sell to person A, who doesn't want them, how can this work to their advantage?

Archived