Best Ziplining?

NoobCruise

DH and our 2 kids, ages 22 and 25 will be cruising. We're looking at doing a zipline tour in Roatan. Which tour has the longest/most adventurous lines and is safest and what are the prices so I can compare to Carnival's excursion?

We're leaning towards the Gumbalimba tour, but I can't find prices on their site to compare to Carnivals shore excursion. Is there much cost savings to booking privately instead of through the ship? Does their zipling tour include park entrance fee or would that be separate? Is there good snorkeling off the beach there?

Thanks!

This website has alot of zipline info and various options of tour. Toward the bottom of the page is a zipline chart that may be of help with choice.

There have been whispers of Gumbalimba and several other places catering to Cruise Ship people only through the ships excursions, there may be no other way to get to Gumbalimba.

This page on the Gumbalimba web site says:

Park Admission Includes:

Guide services, Coxen's (pirate) cave, animal preserve area, botanic garden, beach area, lounge chairs, toilets, showers, freshwater pool and parking.

Not included:

All additional activities such as canopy tour, snuba diving, snorkeling gear and kayaking.

The reef is some distance from the beach at Gumbalimba...if you are a strong swimmer you should be ok. I have not snorkeled that bit of reef but it should compare to much of the rest of the reef system.

If you decide against Gumbalimba and end up on a zipline beach tour that take you to West bay Beach, this thread has much to say about snorkeling West Bay.

Enjoy the island! :D

Check out roatanpiratescanopy.com. I'm 63 and afraid of heights, but I did the Extreme Extreme with them and LOVED it. There is no climbing involved, they drive you to the mountain top and they are supposedly the longest and highest in the Americas. Seems like it was $80 and it was just me and 2 guides, so I didn't have to wait for others. Enjoy. steve

Archived