Help with Concierge on Century

StLucia

We have just upgraded to concierge for our cruise to Hawaii on Century. What do we get extra, I'm not really sure? Does the steward do anything extra for you compared with a standard balcony cabin as I notice the auto tip is slightly higher.

Thanks for your help.

Here is the list of amenities for Concierge class on the Century (from Celebrity web site). We will be in CC on Century in November.

FEATURES:

• Early embarkation & debarkation
  • Priority check-in
  • Sparkling wine, fresh fruit & flowers upon arrival
  • Main and specialty restaurant seating preferences
  • Expanded room service breakfast menu
  • Evening hors d'oeuvres, daily
  • Pillow menu, Plush Frette® bathrobes
  • Hansgrohe® massaging showerhead
  • Extra handheld hair dryer,
  • 100 % cotton oversized towels
  • Complimentary shoeshine service, use of golf umbrella, & high-quality binoculars
  • Floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors
  • Sitting area with sofa
  • 23" LCD television
  • Vanity
  • Veranda

compared to those for a regular Verandah

• Floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors
  • Sitting area, some with sofa bed
  • 23" LCD-HD interactive television

• Early embarkation & debarkation
  • Priority check-in
  • Sparkling wine, fresh fruit & flowers upon arrival
  • Main and specialty restaurant seating preferences
  • Expanded room service breakfast menu
  • Evening hors d'oeuvres, daily
  • Pillow menu, Plush Frette® bathrobes
  • Hansgrohe® massaging showerhead
  • Extra handheld hair dryer,
  • 100 % cotton oversized towels
  • Complimentary shoeshine service, use of golf umbrella, & high-quality binoculars

I qouted the items that differ from a regular veranda.

The priority check-in can be helpful, although lately it seems that it is about the same length line.

The wine, flowers and fruit, nice touch.

Seating preference - not sure

Breakfast menu, nice if you eat in your cabin or veranda.

Binoculars - have never used them, would be nice in Alaska.

Evening hors d'oeuvres - nice touch, not really that good

Depending on the price difference, not sure that I see a lot of benefit, at least for us.

Thank you for your replies.

The one that confuses me is the 'Main and specialty restaurant seating preferences'. We already have confirmed late dining. Does the steward make speciality restaurant reservations for you? We normally make our reservations on line in advance but would prefer to leave it until we board as then we can make sure the dining does not clash with entertainment we may want to attend.

Janet

Thank you for your replies.

The one that confuses me is the 'Main and specialty restaurant seating preferences'. We already have confirmed late dining. Does the steward make speciality restaurant reservations for you? We normally make our reservations on line in advance but would prefer to leave it until we board as then we can make sure the dining does not clash with entertainment we may want to attend.

Janet

Hi Janet, nope your cabin attendant does not make Specialty

Restaurant reservations for you.

If you have a suite, I know sometimes a Butler might do that but

as for other cabin categories? The passenger makes their own

reservations.

Thank you Lois, wonder how the seating preferences is supposed to work then? We will book online advance like we normally do.

Janet

I don't know really:eek:.....sometimes they put items on the website

but I either have never used them or they are giving information

that is just a bit of nonsense:eek:

Stayed in concierge class on Hawaii cruise and depending on the price difference, I think it's worth it for the early board and debark, and the other extras. I wouldn't pay a couple hundred for each person extra but less, I'd consider it again.

Dining- You make your own reservations- for specialty restaurant, you can do it online thru the "managing my cruise" off the celebrity website- same place you can sign up for shore excursions if you wish. HOWEVER, don't be disappointed if the online site says there are no times available. Thats what I saw when I tried to do it, but when you board the ship, you will pass by several places where you can make a reservation in the Murano. And I do recommend that restaurant. Very good food, but don't be in a hurry. Service is good but it's supposed to be a relaxed occasion. plan on 2 hours minimum.

The main diining room , your reservation is your assigned seating time (630 or 830) or if you chose "celebrity Select dining" you can go anytime to any table in that part of the dining room. You can call and make a reservation there too but it's usually not needed unless you have a group of 6 or more you want to eat with.

Thanks for your replies. We were offered the upgrade to a C1 at a good price so went for it. With so many sea days it seemed worth the extra.

In the past we have both reserved Muranos in advance and booked when boarding, love the food, well worth the extra. We did have a problem with one of our meals on Eclipse, when we were asked why we did not eat the main course, we told them the problem, they checked the food and agreed we were right, we were invited back for a complimentary meal with the best wine and champagne.

Will we get priority on the tender?

Archived