Cabin question...help appreciated!

SE NC

We are excited about booking our next cruise. However, I just retired and the bride and I decided if we still wanted to cruise yearly without carrying "cruise debt", we may have to sacifice our beloved balcony and go interior.:eek: Not a real problem doing so as we are still cruising!!!:p I'm ready to book a cruise on the Dream. I noticed there is a interior cabin labeled, "interior with walkway view". Can anyone share any information you have on this type cabin? Thanks in advance!:D

These rooms are located at the front of the ship on the upper decks. You have to watch out some are handicapped rooms. But they are nice. They have a large window and face out to a open walkway that no one seems to use much. We had one of these this past christmas and loved it.

We are excited about booking our next cruise. However, I just retired and the bride and I decided if we still wanted to cruise yearly without carrying "cruise debt", we may have to sacifice our beloved balcony and go interior.:eek: Not a real problem doing so as we are still cruising!!!:p I'm ready to book a cruise on the Dream. I noticed there is a interior cabin labeled, "interior with walkway view". Can anyone share any information you have on this type cabin? Thanks in advance!:D

saw that someone else already answered your question about that type of room, just figured I'd pipe in with - I had to "downgrade" to interior rooms on our last two cruises. I was worried about it at first but it was really no big deal. (first cruise I had a porthole OV room; second was an OV with one of the big picture windows; third was a balcony and fourth and fifth were both interiors) I'd rather go for the cheaper room than not go at all due to cost ;)

These are the BEST rooms.....Have used them many times.

Go to.....cruise line rooms dot com

click on your ship

then click on rooms 6201, 7201, 9201 ...you will see what they look like.

Interior cabin with a window....cannot beat it...:)

Also, for future reference, the cat.PT or Porthole cabins are a great value and available on all the Fantasy class ships and there are also 6 of them on the Dream, 2 on Main deck & 4 on Riviera. Aside from a cat.1A cabin, these are the cheapest you can book and you get the natural light & a nice sized cabin.. The interior with walkway view look great too!

Congrats on your retirement! Enjoy:D

I have to agree with all the above.

This style cabin is a favorite of ours. Morning Room Service coffee on the bench out front.. Cant be beat. And when the wife is done with the shower, she can "Rap" on the window to let me know its my turn.. :p

I dont think I can go back to a standard inside cabin in the future.

We had similar room on a NCL ship. Having the natural light was great, but we found that the bench outside our window seemed to be very popular.

This meant that in order to have privacy in our cabin from those sitting on the bench or simply just walking past our window, that we found ourselves pulling the curtains together.

I wanted to wake up to the natural light, but that meant that I might also be waking up to someone peering in our window while I was sleeping in my B-Day suit. :D

When we wanted to change our clothes or simply take a nap, we found the lack of privacy and security an issue.

Never again if I can afford something else within my budget.

Also, for future reference, the cat.PT or Porthole cabins are a great value and available on all the Fantasy class ships and there are also 6 of them on the Dream, 2 on Main deck & 4 on Riviera. Aside from a cat.1A cabin, these are the cheapest you can book and you get the natural light & a nice sized cabin.. The interior with walkway view look great too!

Congrats on your retirement! Enjoy:D

I like the PTs for the value as well. I dont sit out usually much, too hot or too cold, but its nice to see out for a 4A price.

I got port holes on my upcoming magic booked and happy.

Archived