Concierge cabin differences - are there any?

kelly kipper

We are looking at the Marina for our next cruise and wondered if all of the Concierge cabins are the same size. On Celebrity we have found many that have bigger balconies than others etc, even though the company will say that they are identical!

We are thinking of taking an A1 as at the moment Oceania have A1 -4 at the same price. Is deck 10 the best one to be on?

We are new to this cruise line and really looking forward to the cruise.

Thanks in advance

p.s. One more question, it is a cruise from Istanbul to Athens, Port or Starboard?

Thanks in advance

p.s. One more question, it is a cruise from Istanbul to Athens, Port or Starboard?

Forward or aft maybe better ;)

Cabin sizes are the same ... location & perks may differ from A to B Cat

I do not think any cabin location will disappoint

As others have said, only difference between A1 - A4 is location. Booking an A category cabin gives you access to the Concierge Lounge on deck 9 forward. If convenient access to the lounge is important to you, an A3 or A4 on deck 9 might be better than an A1 or A2 on deck 10.

If access to the Concierge Lounge and the the A level perks are not important to you, you might be better off with an extended balcony B4 cabin on deck 7.

Unlike the M ships on Celebrity, the cabin layout for all levels of A and B cabins are identical with B4's being different only because of the extended balconies. For that matter the C category OV cabin layouts are identical as well but don't have a balcony.

We have a non-exteneded balcony in B-4 on the Marina. I am wondering if the extended B-4 balconies look back into the non-extended ones. i already read that the balconies over the extended balconies look down on the extended ones, reducing the privacy. I will be very interested in hearing more about his since I never thought about this til now. Thanks.

We have a non-exteneded balcony in B-4 on the Marina. I am wondering if the extended B-4 balconies look back into the non-extended ones. i already read that the balconies over the extended balconies look down on the extended ones, reducing the privacy. I will be very interested in hearing more about his since I never thought about this til now. Thanks.

The only ones I can see that may look into the cabins are the last of the forward extended & the first of the aft extended balconies (if that makes sense)

You can see in the photos that the partitions between the cabins it is hard to see on the neighbour's balcony without leaning over the rail

The other shot you can see how much you are overlooked :)

DSCF0165.jpg.4e77cd5d839aeca27e4de52f23acbd5e.jpg

DSCF0240.jpg.77bb4fdb11004a990167a3128933f38e.jpg

Thanks for the photos. We are in room 7015 - the second of the forward non-extended. The photo showing the extension is a little hard for me to decipher. At the risk of sounding dense - what is the dark piece at the top of the picture? A roof? Anyway since we do not have an extension being overlooked is really not a concern. And it looks like we should be okay if we are 2 cabins away from the extension. I appreciate your response.

Thanks for the photos. We are in room 7015 - the second of the forward non-extended. The photo showing the extension is a little hard for me to decipher. At the risk of sounding dense - what is the dark piece at the top of the picture? A roof? Anyway since we do not have an extension being overlooked is really not a concern. And it looks like we should be okay if we are 2 cabins away from the extension. I appreciate your response.

In the 2nd photo it is the overhang of deck 12 ..we were in 7114 in the aft section of the B4's

There are some photos here that people have posted showing the area that you are in

I will check later to see if I can find one

Part way down this page there is a photo of the port side of the ship you might be able to tell from that pic how the extended balcony is

http://www.1mpages.com/OceaniaMarina/Outdoors.html

I know J & S have posted several photos here with the cabin you are in showing

Lyn

Thank you so much for the pix. They are great and the ship looks so beautiful. I can really see where our cabin is located and where it is in relation to the extended balconies. I'm not sure how much of the extended balcony I will see from my balcony. I just did not take that into consideration when I booked. Hopefully this discussion will help others to decide which cabins to book. I hope to hear from someone who had a cabin near ours. Thanks for your help.

We were in 9137 on the recent Marina transatlantic. Quite frankly, we didn't think the extra cost for concierge was worth it. We were a long way from the lounge therefore didn't use it much. There may be slightly fancier toiletries and a bottle of champagne on arrival, but we didn't feel it was worth the extra as everyone gets the same excellent service. Regarding the extended balconies, yes you can see folk on them if they are sitting in the outer half, but it's not a problem. No matter where you are, you will love the Marina. It is a beautiful ship and the fixtures and fittings are gorgeous. Enjoy!

Assuming the cruise originates in Istanbul, and especially if it leaves Istanbul after dark, by all means get a starboard cabin. You will have a stunning view of minarets, domes, and towers on the Golden Horn skyline and can pick out the Topkapi Palace and major mosques as you sail by. If Marina will be pulling into Istanbul, then the port side is advisable, although it presumably will be in daylight and the view is less interesting. I hope you have a good cruise and I am sure you will enjoy Istanbul.

Archived