what cruiseships have rooms for solo travelers

HCTiger9704

What cruiseships have rooms for solo travelers?

Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) has

1. Norwegian Epic
  2. Norwegian Breakaway

I wish all cruiselines and all cruiseships had rooms for people who are traveling by themselves or for people who do not wish to share a room.

Most cruises have rooms for solo travelers- it's called single occupancy. If you check the price for an Epic studio, it won't come out much different than solo on a different ship. Which is not to say Epic isn't a good choice, just not particularly cheap.

Theres some lines which have single rooms too. The difference is NCL has a package for solo travellers including a daily gathering, private lounge and bar area and I love the mood lit room!

I agree- it is much more than the studio itself which makes the experience great. How were your 2 Epic cruises similar/different? Are you going a 3rd time?

I am tempted to go again in December and have the Breakaway next year.

I feel as though it is a very comfortable environment to cruise

What cruiseships have rooms for solo travelers?

Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) has

1. Norwegian Epic
  2. Norwegian Breakaway

I wish all cruiselines and all cruiseships had rooms for people who are traveling by themselves or for people who do not wish to share a room.

I would agree with you; however, I don't see many cruise lines adding single cabin any time soon. Only NCL Epic & Breakaway have dedicated solo cabins. However, you can find some very competitive solo rates in a double cabin if you do your homework. The key is flexibility and finding those off peak or undersold cruises which cruise line offer solo cruisers at a very fair price. You can forget about holiday or peak sailing or if you want a balcony cabin/suite cabin as those are double the price.

I agree- it is much more than the studio itself which makes the experience great. How were your 2 Epic cruises similar/different? Are you going a 3rd time?

I am tempted to go again in December and have the Breakaway next year.

I feel as though it is a very comfortable environment to cruise

The first time, port heavy and with a friend. Very little time for the ship, and I felt as such I missed out.

Second time, very few ports, brilliant ship experience and travelling solo! LOVED it!

And yes a 3rd time is a considerations probably solo... maybe the TA again if the carribean prices don't drop.

I'm also looking at trying a different NCL ship for experience sake. Can'tt afford breakaway though!

Archived