Snorkle Park....

DonnaK

We did a comprehensive tour of Bermuda two years ago, complete with serveral gorgeous beaches including Horseshoe.

This time, we'd rather stick close to the port. How is Snorkle Park? I understand that it is man-made and not the most beautful beach on Bermuda. However, is it awful? Clean? Chairs and umbrella available? Admission fee? Water safe for swimming/wading?

Snorkle Park has a $5 admission charge per person. It is a small man made beach. The sand is quite sharp on your feet. It is not nice and soft like Horseshoe. There are chairs and umbrellas available for rent. There is a small bar there that offers drinks, when it is open. It is a clean beach area and the water is pretty clear. It is safe for both swimming and wadding. I even saw a lady in a beach wheelchair there last year when I was there. Some people were snorkling and feed fish. It is OK but not anywhere nearly as nice as Horseshoe.

We were in Bermuda last week and looked at Snorkel Park. Not very nice IMHO.

The beach is very small and it is just adjacent to the food concession/bar. I thought it was very congested and would not be at all relaxing.

We were just in Bermuda last week on Enchantment. Skip snorkle park unless you are young and want to party. Drinks were awful, wooden chairs and tables. Not very nice, very loud, but the water was clear. We missed Horshoe unfortunately. I wouldn't bother with snorkle beach

Snorkle Park has a $5 admission charge per person. It is a small man made beach. The sand is quite sharp on your feet. It is not nice and soft like Horseshoe. There are chairs and umbrellas available for rent. There is a small bar there that offers drinks, when it is open. It is a clean beach area and the water is pretty clear. It is safe for both swimming and wadding. I even saw a lady in a beach wheelchair there last year when I was there. Some people were snorkling and feed fish. It is OK but not anywhere nearly as nice as Horseshoe.

We just got back from our cruise to Bermuday yesterday and it cost 10$ pp to get into Snorkle Park. There was a live band there for entertainment though so not sure if that's why the cost was higher....

• 2 weeks later...

If you have spent any time at all on the south shore beaches, you will be sorely disappointed in Snorkle Park. It's pretty bad... :( I accompanied my boyfriend there as we didn't have time to get to Horseshoe, but he wanted to snorkle. It was fine for him, as he'd never been to Bermuda prior, and didn't know what he was missing, but I thought it terrible. I also had to be careful not to step on broken glass.

Snorkel Park is ok if you want to spend some time at a beach on the last day and not having to worry about getting back to the ship on time.

That's about right. And here's a pic taken there last October:

GemCruiseOct2011703.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

When we were in Bermuda a couple of weeks ago, we were told by some locals that Snorkel Park used to be the local dump. They laugh that people actually pay admission to get in. I would go to Horseshoe Bay and walk the beach path leading to Warwick Long Bay. Those beaches and the coves in between are absolutely beautiful, and I would think they would be good places for snorkeling.

Archived