Microwave in ocean view at breakfast

ladylemondrop

The last cruise on the Eclipse in Feb, the tea choices were so-so. They did have a dargeeling, in a bag. To get hot water, you'll need to send a waiter to the kitchen for real hot water just off boil. Most of the time, they wanted to bring water that was lukewarm from an urn that formerly held coffee. You'll have to send it back or find a waiter from India who understands tea.

My DH is the same - we never travel anywhere without the PG Tips! The waiters soon get used to us in the MDR and no longer bring out the wooden box of tea bags for us to choose from. The most difficult thing (regardless of which tea bags you use) is to get them to bring "HOT" water rather than lukewarm. I know I can't expect boiling water these days, but sometimes it can only be described as tepid - yuk!

You can get biscuits on the X ships - but you need to ask for "cookies" and I know they have digestives because DH always gets them with his after dinner cheese plate.

Guess it's an eccentric English thing!

I too have decided that PG Tips are the best!!! and have to look for them in South Carolina. Sounds like I may need to bring them with me, since I know I will miss them if I don't... see you on June 1st!

Mary

• 2 years later...
I have been trying to remember the name of the "digestive" biscuits we had after dinner on the Equinox. Can't find them anywhere. Does anyone know the name and where to get them?

Depending on where you are in North America (Canada vs USA) the two main brands that I know of are... Digestive or Arrowroot.

You can GOOGLE to learn more / see pics

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

I have been trying to remember the name of the "digestive" biscuits we had after dinner on the Equinox. Can't find them anywhere. Does anyone know the name and where to get them?

You can get Mcvities at a lot of grocery stores and at World Market (or any British store). Depending on where you live, you may be able to get Peek Freans.

Cars Whole Wheat Crackers are the easiest to find. These are either the same or very similar to the digestives on the ship and they come from Carr's which is British owned. Might even be made in England and imported. These are available in most supermarkets.

I've also seen McVitie's Digestives in many markets and Walmart's website even shows they sell them in at least some of their stores. Our local market has the McVities on the shelf in the international foods section with other British products.

I would bet one of the cooks/servers at the buffet stations would gladly heat up your container in their microwave for you if you ask.

No, they will not do that. It's against rules and regulations to cook a passenger's own food.