New ship?

matt690

About 6 months ago my husband read in the business section of the paper that Disney was taking bids on building a new ship. We havnt seen anything since then. Actually if they are successful with the west coast cruises this summer they could easily add two ships. Two for the west and 2 for the east coast. Or have one just for their special 10 day cruise they only offer once a year now. Maybe give some new ports to keep repeat cruisers coming back with a new experience. Hopefully we'll see something soon about it.

mom x4,grandma x4

Rumor of a third ship (or even more) have been floating about for some time.

I for one would love to see a ship in Asia, serving either Disney Tokyo or Disney HongKong, with a SE Asia cruise in the package.

Disney has not announced anything OFFICIALLY other than they have designed a third ship.

No ship is in production nor does any ship show on future production lists for any shipyard.

That said, I do believe that what has been reported as unofficial is most likely true. But it's not gospel until it's officially announced. :)

There was an article in one of the florida papers a month or two ago, announcing the plans for the third cruise ship. Of course I can't find the link! If I come across it, I will post it for anyone who may be intersted. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

information on this subject,

DCL has drawn up designs for the new ship, and at the moment no it has no name or title.

due to diseny being owed a lot of money and visa versa from the ship yard in italy, and also the loss of the euro no date has been set for production of the ship to comence.

do not expect this projec to be underway in the next 5 years.

having seen a few artist renderings on the ship, it looks good, but i am worried with the designs looking dated after the time waiting.

Yesterday I did a survey that I received from a survey company that was contracted by DCL. It was all about new itineraries with Alaska and the Mediterranean being the focus. It had the DCL logo on top and specifically asked about how we liked the itineraries, gave prices (steep as usual), and asked about the likelihood of us doing the cruise and why. It didn't talk about a new ship, but I can't imagine how they would add such a different itinerary with only the two ships they presently have.

• 3 weeks later...

No new ship :( and I believe that I read in a statement from DCL that they would use the ships just as they did this last summer in California maybe in 2007 to cruise other itineraries:D

Michael Eisner has recently said that they have plans for a new ship and are planning on expanding the fleet but they are waiting for the Dollar to strengthen against the Euro because the ship(s) will be built in Europe. The good news is that the French and the Danes have hosed the E.U. by rejecting the E.U constitution. That sent the Euro into a dive. Several other countries are considering dumping the Euro in favor of their old currency including Italy who got burned in the initial exchange rate. This all works toward driving the Euro down. Keep your fingers crossed and thanks <cough, choke, cough> France.

Archived