Anyone left something on cruise ship

dotheyes

We were in one of the wonderful aft suites on the POA and the bed in the master room had a box frame. Days after getting home DH realized he had left his nice dress shoes under the bed, on board! Bummed but they were the ones for walking all day, we figured our steward deserved the comfy shoes.:)

My cousin left a backoack with her belongings in it on the Gem. We had now idea she left it as I was SURE I had done a complete sweep of the room. A few days post cruise Norwegian called me to let me know is waas in the stateroom. They shipoed it to me via Fedex at my expense. I was glad to get it back.

We got off the Star this past Sunday and only today realized we forgot the nightlight that was plugged into the outlet in our daughters' inside cabin. I'm not even going to bother to call.

*Asking anyone who knows their grammar: Did I put the apostrophe in the right place on the word daughters (We have 2 daughters)?

We got off the Star this past Sunday and only today realized we forgot the nightlight that was plugged into the outlet in our daughters' inside cabin. I'm not even going to bother to call.

*Asking anyone who knows their grammar: Did I put the apostrophe in the right place on the word daughters (We have 2 daughters)?

If you were talking about a daughter, then you were using it incorrectly. However, as you've implied that you have two daughters, you've used the apostrophe correctly.

To form the possessive of a plural noun that already ends in -s, add an apostrophe:

• the girls' swing set (the swing set belonging to the girls)
  • the students' projects (the projects belonging to the students)
  • the Johnsons' house (the house belonging to the Johnsons)

If the plural noun does not end in -s, add an apostrophe plus -s:

• the women's conference (the conference belonging to the women)
  • the children's toys (the toys belonging to the children)
  • the men's training camp (the training camp belonging to the men)

Last summer on the POA my daughter left her camera battery charger plugged into the outlet in her cabin. As we were waiting for the elevator, our wonderful cabin steward came running down the hall with it and returned it to her. What a considerate man!

On our cruise 4 years ago on the Pearl to Alaska, we left the camera wire attached to the TV in our cabin. (It was easier to leave it plugged into the TV then try to attach it every nite to watch our pictures we had taken that day.) We didn't discover it was missing until that night in the hotel in Seattle when we wanted to watch our pictures from the cruise on the TV. 2 hours earlier, we had watched the Pearl depart for it's next cruise from our hotel window. I called NCL the next morning, but never got it back. I just had to order a new camera wire. :rolleyes:

Archived