Splendor: Waitlisted for Anytime Dining

realslfan

We are booked on the Splendor in June and we are currently waitlisted for anytime dining. Any guesses on if we'll get this option? Has anyone ever been in that situation before?

Also, I'm assuming that late dining tends to go first, right? So if we don't get anytime dining, should we assume it will be early seating?

We are booked on the Splendor in June and we are currently waitlisted for anytime dining. Any guesses on if we'll get this option? Has anyone ever been in that situation before?

Also, I'm assuming that late dining tends to go first, right? So if we don't get anytime dining, should we assume it will be early seating?

It's been my experience that early dining fills first since "most" people want to eat when they do at home. Plus families need to feed the kiddies early also.

Dunno about your anytime question.

We were waitlisted for ATD on Ecstasy last fall. We ended up with assigned seating - late. I think because we booked so late (6 weeks out), we didn't get our choice. All the platinum guests get their first choice automatically.

All the platinum guests get their first choice automatically.

Well, not automatically, but if it's possible, Platinum will be changed to their preferred seating if they visit the Maitre d' in the main dining room before 3:00 on the day of departure and request whatever seating they prefer.

We were wait listed for anytime dining last October on the Triumph, because we booked at the end of August, and when we got on board we went to the maitre'd to see if we got it or not and was told that we were put into early dining, but we would be left on the list in case someone wanted to change. He informed they would send us a note to our cabin if it came available, but after the second night, we decided it wasn't going to happen, and early dining is too early for us, so we only ate in the dining room formal night and ate at other places the other nights. kind of bummed us out, so this time when I booked the other night for Triumph again in November I checked it right away and it shows confirmed, so maybe this time we will enjoy the MDR more. Good Luck!!!!

We were wait listed for anytime dining last October on the Triumph, because we booked at the end of August, and when we got on board we went to the maitre'd to see if we got it or not and was told that we were put into early dining, but we would be left on the list in case someone wanted to change. He informed they would send us a note to our cabin if it came available, but after the second night, we decided it wasn't going to happen, and early dining is too early for us, so we only ate in the dining room formal night and ate at other places the other nights. kind of bummed us out, so this time when I booked the other night for Triumph again in November I checked it right away and it shows confirmed, so maybe this time we will enjoy the MDR more. Good Luck!!!!

Why didnt you ask for late dinning when the maitre'd said you had early dinning?

We requested late dinning on splendor and am now a bit confused,late dinning on Australian Cruises is 8.30pm and the latest they let people in for anytime dinning is around 9pm but usually anytime and late seating finish around the same time. Is it different on carnival?

Den

Is it different on carnival?

I believe it's exactly the same. My experience is that first seating fills first, followed by YTD. Second seating is chosen by some and assigned to anyone who booked too late to get their preference.

• See the maitre d' as soon as you board
  • Tell him your preference and also your second choice
  • If he can't accommodate your request immediately while you're with him in the main dining room, he will have a card slipped under your cabin door if he later gets a cancellation and makes any change to your dining assignment

Well, not automatically, but if it's possible, Platinum will be changed to their preferred seating if they visit the Maitre d' in the main dining room before 3:00 on the day of departure and request whatever seating they prefer.

This is not accurate.....Platinum guests are "guaranteed" our choice of dining time and we do not have to visit the MD to be changed to it. This is why after a certain percentage in each of the dining times is filled, new bookings after that time will be waitlisted. This allows for late booked Platinum guests to get their guaranted dining time.

This is not accurate.....Platinum guests are "guaranteed" our choice of dining time and we do not have to visit the MD to be changed to it. This is why after a certain percentage in each of the dining times is filled, new bookings after that time will be waitlisted. This allows for late booked Platinum guests to get their guaranted dining time.

As a platinum cruiser you have not yet had to change your dining time after boarding. As a late booking platinum guest, I have. Just because it's not within your realm of experience does not mean it's never occurred and will never occur. If they couldn't be booked into their preferred dining time, platinum guests will be accommodated if they contact the maitre d' at boarding.

I just hope the OP has the information he came here to find. :)

ATD is the most popular choice and fills up firsts, followed by early seating. If you are waitlisted fro ATD there is a small chance that you will get it but will probably end up being assigned one of the set seating. Check on the ship to see if you can change but don't hold your breath.

Thanks for all of the insight. Since we booked only a few weeks in advance of sailing, ATD wasn't available. If that's not an option, then our second choice would be late seating which sounds most likely. However, we'll likely spend less time in the MDR as a result. Not a huge issue for us - we're flexible.

Why didnt you ask for late dinning when the maitre'd said you had early dinning?

We requested late dinning on splendor and am now a bit confused,late dinning on Australian Cruises is 8.30pm and the latest they let people in for anytime dinning is around 9pm but usually anytime and late seating finish around the same time. Is it different on carnival?

Den

Not sure on how they do it, but the letter sent stated that we had been assigned to early dining, and we really assumed at that late of a time, that late was probably not available.

We just got off the Splendor last week and we were waitlisted for the early dining. We went to the matre de (sp) but that was about 3:30 so she said she would try but would promise because there were about 900 people on the cruise. She said that if she could get us a table we would get a card telling us that by 2pm the next day. That night we decided to just eat at the buffet and then see what would happen.

The next day we went out and did our thing and by the time we went back to our rooms, we got the card saying we would be able to eat at 6pm.

My suggestion is to go straight to the maitre de as soon as you embark. Don't wait like we did. There will most likely be a line, but wait in it!!

John Heald recently reported on his Face Book page that fleetwide, the ATD sections are being expanded because it is so popular. My DH and I had pretty much stopped going to the MDR until they introduced the concept, and now, we love it and have rarely ever waited for seating.

Archived