UPDATE on missing red luggage in charleston

A very nice lady called me to say that she had taken mil's bag by mistake,and she is shipping it to us.Her luggage was found and will be returned by Carnival. There ARE nice folks out there.(we have lots of nice folks in here). SO,thanks for the good wishes and helpful tips!!!!! The good to farmers

We did the same thing once. My granddaughter picked up the wrong purple suitcase and the porters actually loaded the luggage in the car so we didn't realize it until we got home. My DIL called the number on the tag and told them she was sending it to them via UPS that day, which she did.

Carnival hires a company in each port to handle all the luggage that's not claimed. Apparently, theres quite a bit. It took them two days to find ours which they said they were sending to us. Great service, until we got the luggage and the $55 COD bill that came with it! It was our fault and we were glad to pay but you would have thought they were doing us a favor the way they talked while never mentioning the cost. oh well...

In the end, travel insurance reimbursed us which surprised me.

Moral to the story - always have tags on your luggage with your contact info.

We did the same thing once. My granddaughter picked up the wrong purple suitcase and the porters actually loaded the luggage in the car so we didn't realize it until we got home. My DIL called the number on the tag and told them she was sending it to them via UPS that day, which she did.

Carnival hires a company in each port to handle all the luggage that's not claimed. Apparently, theres quite a bit. It took them two days to find ours which they said they were sending to us. Great service, until we got the luggage and the $55 COD bill that came with it! It was our fault and we were glad to pay but you would have thought they were doing us a favor the way they talked while never mentioning the cost. oh well...

In the end, travel insurance reimbursed us which surprised me.

Moral to the story - always have tags on your luggage with your contact info.

I've heard about cruiselines shipping, but it didn't occur to me the receiver paying shipping. It makes sense though. Imagine the cost to a cruiseline to do this for everything left behind. If it weren't for those charges, it could become an easy way for cruisers to get their luggage home free and not have to bother picking it up.

I've heard about cruiselines shipping, but it didn't occur to me the receiver paying shipping. It makes sense though. Imagine the cost to a cruiseline to do this for everything left behind. If it weren't for those charges, it could become an easy way for cruisers to get their luggage home free and not have to bother picking it up.

Never thought about it, but you're right. Someone could just leave their bag and have it shipped to their door without having to hassle with it.

If it weren't for those charges, it could become an easy way for cruisers to get their luggage home free and not have to bother picking it up.

People would never do that. :eek: :p :)

Archived