Hotel Espana

Hello Everyone. Have any of you stayed at Hotel Espana? Have any of you been in the area where this hotel is located during the late evening hours? I tried to search, but because of the common usage of both these words I didn't come up with even one post for this hotel. I'd appreciate any input. Tripadvisor has some great reviews on this hotel, but then there were several negatives specific to the location. I'd really appreciate input from CC'ers. Thanks for your help!

Here is a link to their website

http://www.hotelespanya.com/en

It is just off Las Ramblas. You should have no problems with this location.

Thank you for your response. I had visited the website. Did you happen to ever visit this area after dark? Some of the reviews I read indicated concerns about the area after dark.

Yes, I have been all around this area after dark.

It may seem strange and feel unsafe if you are not used to such areas but living in Spain it does not feel unsafe to me. I don't know where you live. USA?

If you feel nervous or unsure then choose another hotel. Only you know your comfort levels.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm staying here in August for four nights pre-cruise :)

We'll be there and back by the time you stay at Hotel Espana. I'll try to remember to post an update! I just heard from someone on our roll call who has been to this hotel for lunch. He said the hotel was refurbished about a year ago and is located in the heart of things. He did say to be cautious with our bags on the less traveled side streets. I suppose this would be the same caution about side streets for all the hotels lining Las Ramblas.

Archived