Help please q elizabeth queens grill

MARIANH

We have not been on Cunard for two years. At that time the Queens Grill product was a high standard, especially dining. The food was exceptional and the service first rate. I am looking for a cruise to coincide with an important wedding anniversary and would like to travel Queens Grill. A Q Elizabeth cruise in August fits the bill. However, recent reviews of QE by CC members suggest that standards have slipped and there are many expressions of disappointment. Can anyone advise on the quality of the Queens Grill experience currently on Q Elizabeth.

We have travelled Seabourn and Silversea over the last two years and been very satisfied. I do appreciate that QE is a bigger ship and that comparisons are not necessarily appropriate.

Any help to inform this upcoming decision would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Can anyone advise on the quality of the Queens Grill experience currently on Q Elizabeth.

Thanks

I dined in the Queens Grill on Queen Elizabeth in January 2012 during an 8 night transatlantic crossing from Southampton to New York.

I found the quality of the food and the service outstanding. There were ample choices on the regular menu which was supplemented by an a la carte menu. We also ordered off menu at both lunch and dinner.

The service from the Maitre D', the assistant Maitre D', the waiters, was very accommodating and virtually flawless. The entire experience was much better than what I experienced in the Queens Grill on Queen Mary 2 where I dined the week before during the eastbound crossing and on prior cruises/crossings.

Let us know of your experience if you book.

Happy Sailings!

My wife and I sailed both QV and QE in Queens Grill last year. In the latter case it was for 23 days, so I reckon we got a pretty good picture.

We have eaten in many fine restaurants, including Michelin 3 star joints and if anyone is expecting that sort of standard of service they might be disappointed, but not by a big amount. Folks who hanker after the good old days of silver service on the QE2 might not rave about it either.

However, I can tell you that we had absolutely no complaints or criticisms and are looking forward to a forthcoming voyage on QV.

The food quality is excellent, choice is good and if there is something you want, just ask for it. There was one waiter we found to be rather surly, but he was serving another table and all 3 of ours were superb. Ditto for the Head Waiter (Sylvester). The Maitre d' (Ico) couldn't have been more accomodating and seemed to be on a personal mission to produce off-menu items.

We sat beside a wonderful couple of very seasoned cruisers who had been happier with Seabourn, but this was a marginal call rather than something that was going to make them shun the Cunard brand.

Perhaps we would not have fared so well if we had not chosen to dine reasonably early every evening and instead waited until the restaurant filled up and things got busy. But, I doubt it.

Overall, I would say that we found QV to be very, very slightly better, but this was during the time of the famous Andrew Nelder who has now retired. We'll see how good it is in two weeks time and I'll post a review afterwards. I've been tracking the pricing of a QE cruise later this year and would have no hesitation in sailing QG there again.

We have not been on Cunard for two years. At that time the Queens Grill product was a high standard, especially dining. The food was exceptional and the service first rate. I am looking for a cruise to coincide with an important wedding anniversary and would like to travel Queens Grill. A Q Elizabeth cruise in August fits the bill. However, recent reviews of QE by CC members suggest that standards have slipped and there are many expressions of disappointment. Can anyone advise on the quality of the Queens Grill experience currently on Q Elizabeth.

We have travelled Seabourn and Silversea over the last two years and been very satisfied. I do appreciate that QE is a bigger ship and that comparisons are not necessarily appropriate.

Any help to inform this upcoming decision would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I can only comment on Princess/Queens Grill on the QM2. We found the food outstanding & had no issues ordering off menu. The service was outstanding as well. I do have to comment that we did 3 of the tasting nights aboard QV & found the food/service to be on a par with the Grills. Amazing, considering it was only a $10 charge.

Thankyou to all for your comments. I am now reassured and have booked Queens Grill on QV for August this year.

If the weather is nice, definately try dining alfresco in the Grills courtyard.

I dined in the Queens Grill on Queen Elizabeth in January 2012 during an 8 night transatlantic crossing from Southampton to New York.

I found the quality of the food and the service outstanding. There were ample choices on the regular menu which was supplemented by an a la carte menu. We also ordered off menu at both lunch and dinner.

The service from the Maitre D', the assistant Maitre D', the waiters, was very accommodating and virtually flawless. The entire experience was much better than what I experienced in the Queens Grill on Queen Mary 2 where I dined the week before during the eastbound crossing and on prior cruises/crossings.

Let us know of your experience if you book.

Happy Sailings!

I was at Bobby's table last January and I have to echo what he wrote. The dining room experience was truly wonderful. It was the bouncing and shaking in the stateroom on the port stern quarter 5 deck during the crossing that got old real fast.

Archived