Boot Camp on Splendor?

vplsh

I've searched these boards and can't find anything more recent that 2010 about whether Carnival has a boot camp in the gym. We are sailing on Splendor in July and I was hoping to do this (Celebrity and Royal Caribbean both have them) to ward off the pounds from the Chocolate Melting Cake!!

They used (Oct 2010) to have a great one where it was only $10-15 p/p a class. The past few times we have cruised, they started making you purchase a package of 3 for around $120, but they throw in a "free" body analysis. This free analysis is just a an opportunity to sell you algae pills for a few hundred $$ to "rid your body of toxins". My wife and I have elected to do our own boot camp while on board...lunges/push ups/situps or going up and down the entire set of stairs 5-7 times. I would rather spend my $30 at the steakhouse.

On the Liberty, last month they had a Burn cardio session that purported to burn 700 calories in 35 minutes. (equivalent to running 7, 5 minute miles), but saw no bootcamp type workouts offered.

Many classes depend on the certification and specialty of instructors/trainers on board.

Archived