Aft cabin on Legend Question

sportsnut

We are looking at booking an Aft Cabin on the Legend and was wondering what floor would be the best. Have heard good and bad things about the top and bottom floors. Looking at maybe the Main Deck or Upper Deck as choices. If anyone has any information about these cabins or has stayed in one please post. Thanks.

Its all personal preference-- deck 4 is above the dining room- deck 8 is under the pool deck. 6 and 7 are sandwhich between cabin space not public areas. I prefer my cabin closer to the waters. Personally being up high takes away from the balacony and water. We booked cabin 6262 on the Miracle. 6440 on Victory-- had a higher up deck on the Voyager--and it was nice-- it jsut wasnt low enoough

We are looking at booking an Aft Cabin on the Legend and was wondering what floor would be the best. Have heard good and bad things about the top and bottom floors. Looking at maybe the Main Deck or Upper Deck as choices. If anyone has any information about these cabins or has stayed in one please post. Thanks.
The fourth floor (main) has a complete overhang. The others do not....they have very little overhang.

We were in 7298 and LOVED it. Not much overhang but it was amazing. You can check out my pics of it by clicking on the link in my signature. We loved it so much we have the exact same cabin booked on the Miracle for next year!:D

We were in 6262 and my father was in 6331 on the Carnival Legend. We liked the aft location. We had an overhang but still got plenty of sun. Our cruise was a modified Western Caribbean with stops in Belize and Colon, Panama. We did feel motion and some sounds and jerks that reminded us of California earthquakes. Not sure if it was the ship.......the location.....or exactly what. It wasn't horrible, just a little shaky at times in the cabin. We've been on 20+ cruises and were hesitant to try Carnival again (last cruise in 1987 on the Jubilee was horrible) but decided to give it a go as this ship was the only one with a full day stop in Colon, Panama and my father wanted to show us where he spent part of his childhood. We were all very pleased with the ship, entertainment and accommodations. The buffet/cafe area on this ship beats any we've had before either on Royal Caribbean or Princess.

I am not sure what you mean by overhang. Is that the balcony above you or your balcony over the one below. We are looking for the most sun. Thanks.

overhang--like a roof over your balcony. More sun--stay off deck 4

Have to disagree. We had the wrap-around on deck 4 and it was great. We had no one hanging over the railing looking down on us. Very private. And, we had plenty of sun. The overhang was perfect. As far as the dining room is concerned, we had no noise. We're booked in the same cabin on the Pride in August.

We are looking at booking the Main Deck on fourth floor. Glad to hear that it is a good location. Wife just want to make sure there will be plenty of Sun. Planning on doing Southern Carib in December.

We stayed in an Aft cabin on the Legend on the Upper Deck - it was great!

There is nothing like watching the wake from the ship - the view is great because you can see both sides as well as straight out. The only downside was the soot that fell from the smoke stack - there would be a fine layer on the chairs on the balcony but we just got used to wiping them off before we sat down. There was no noise to speak of -I would highly recommend either the Upper or Main.

Picture being in a car in the front seat with the window down... Put your hand out there. Your hand is the side balcony and your face is the aft balcony. Feel the breeze on your hand? hardly anything at all on your face? thats what its like. (If you had a corner aft== then you will get the breeze from the side)

Archived