Florence "On your Own" NCL ship excursion

honeybee100

Hi all, I had tried asking this in the NCL forum, and was suggested to try posting here, below is the link to my initial post; however, I'm trying to figure out where NCL's Florence on your own drops you off. After some research on here and NCL's website, I've seen Santa Maria Novella and Santa Croce...does anyone know which one?

DH and I are planning to walk up to Piazzale Michelangelo, so I'm trying to plan a walking route and these two are not anywhere near each other...:rolleyes:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1632335

Hi all, I had tried asking this in the NCL forum, and was suggested to try posting here, below is the link to my initial post; however, I'm trying to figure out where NCL's Florence on your own drops you off. After some research on here and NCL's website, I've seen Santa Maria Novella and Santa Croce...does anyone know which one?

DH and I are planning to walk up to Piazzale Michelangelo, so I'm trying to plan a walking route and these two are not anywhere near each other...:rolleyes:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1632335

Hi Honeybee,

My cousin was on this same cruise & the bus dropped them off at Santa Croce. Perhaps this has changed in the past year.

However, Santa Maria Novella (across from the train station) is only about a 10 minute walk from Santa Croce. When last we were in Florence, we walked daily....never took us more than 10 mins from our hotel to the Arno river and it is a gorgeous walk!

Perhaps the bus will drop-off at both locations?

jill

The cruise line excursion will be on a large bus. There are many areas that are pedestrian only and they cannot get even close to...... Santa Croce piazza is one of those areas. We did the Florence on your own with Royal Caribbean (they are all pretty much the same tho) and we were dropped off near the Arno river a few blocks from Santa Croce church/piazza. The guide (only on the bus) will walk you to the area where you will be instructed to meet at the designated time. So even if you are dropped off at one locale, you most probably will be walked to a different place to meet at to return to the bus. It may or may not load at the same place it off-loaded everyone. It depends on the traffic conditions at that time of day/year. Hope this helps :D

Archived