Whats best to do?

lolmerry

Hi,we disembark our carnival cruise at barcelona,our flight isnt untill 8pm,so we dont want to go straight to the airport,any suggestions what we can do with our luggage if we have a look around barcelona before we go to the airport,need somewhere really close to terminal to leave luggage so we dont have to lugg it far,Is there anywhere in the terminal for luggage that you can collect when you are ready to go to airport

Many thanks for any suggestions

If you book a cruise ship excursion they will take your luggage on the bus and deliver it to the terminal with you. As well, they guarantee you will make your flight. It's more expensive then looking around on your own but it is usually a well managed and safe option.

WE did that, but still got to the airport by about 3 pm - so the OP would still have about 3 extra hours to wait.

As bad luck would have it we walked into an airport that was 36 hours into a baggage handlers' strike so we didn't leave until 3 am the next morning:eek: However we did get to go to Montserrat and it was wonderful. The mountains were so lovely and cool after the high temperatures we had experienced in Rome and Pompeii.

My suggestion if you are going for a tour would be to look at private full-day excursions first and compare the price of a ship sponsored tour.

However a google of luggage storage Barcelona came up with

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/transport/baggage-storage-barcelona.html

and similar search looking for transport to and from the airport

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/airport/barcelona-airport-transport.html

So if you want to do your own thing, I would have thought the best thing would be to get a taxi to take you and your bags to the airport. Dump your bags and then get a return ticket for the bus or train into the city, explore all day and then get back, pick up your bags and check in.

It looks so simple I don't know why i did not do it last time :o

You could also

Archived