Good gifts for first-time cruisers

We're cruising with friends in a year or more. They drink WAY more than we do and are just fun people in general. Any good gift ideas? I prefer something "physical" rather than fun dollars or drink tickets. Here's what I have so far:

Inflatable cooler for their room

Rum runners (debate away - I don't care)

Waterproof wallet thing for excursions / snorkeling

Thanks for any further advice!

We're cruising with friends in a year or more. They drink WAY more than we do and are just fun people in general. Any good gift ideas? I prefer something "physical" rather than fun dollars or drink tickets. Here's what I have so far:

Inflatable cooler for their room

Rum runners (debate away - I don't care)

Waterproof wallet thing for excursions / snorkeling

Thanks for any further advice!

A co-worker was going on her first cruise for her honeymoon. I got her a canvas beach bag and filled it with a few handy things (small first aid kit, sewing kit, sunblock, aloe, immodium, advil, pepto, hand sanitizer etc).

This October (Halloween Cruise) I’m going on a group cruise (18 of us) only four have cruised before and everyone is couples except 2 of the 18! So I purchased a beach/tote bag for each of the girls had our destination (Bahamas) and 2012 put on it. Then went to the dollar store and purchased first aid kits, tissue. Hand sanitizer, small pack baby wipes, mesh laundry bag, shoe holder for organizing, not sure what you call it but the thing that converts one plug in to three,sunblock/aloe, highlighter, pen and a few other fun item… Also once Halloween decorations come out I’ll put a few door decorating items in their bag.

I figure they have to bag for keepsake and to carry souvenirs back with and the items are just things that I wish I had my first trip.

Hope this helps and I'm sure your friends will like whatever you get them

(small first aid kit, sewing kit, sunblock, aloe, immodium, advil, pepto, hand sanitizer etc).

I like the pepto and sewing kit idea Ill have to go get those :D

I also found wrinkle release and grabbed a travel size thing of baby powder since it helps remove sand ( hate walking and getting sand burn lol)

Call it frivolous, silly, corny or whatever but I've always wanted to be surprised and walk into a cabin that has been decorated!

My DH and I are taking his parents on our upcoming cruise it will be their 30th wedding anniversary/ never had honeymoon I’m trying to decided to I decorate the room...

They already think they are getting an interior room ;);) but little do they know I upgraded them to a balcony....

So here is the plan we are going to show them to our room since we get a balcony and want them to see what it looks like then we will offer to show them where their room is and walk right next door... I know they will be surprised so I don't know if the decorating will be to over the top.

My DH and I are taking his parents on our upcoming cruise it will be their 30th wedding anniversary/ never had honeymoon I’m trying to decided to I decorate the room...

They already think they are getting an interior room ;);) but little do they know I upgraded them to a balcony....

So here is the plan we are going to show them to our room since we get a balcony and want them to see what it looks like then we will offer to show them where their room is and walk right next door... I know they will be surprised so I don't know if the decorating will be to over the top.

Decorating will not be over the top, I bet they would LOVE it, I know I would :D We actually had the Happy Anniversary decorations from carnival and loved it, maybe you could order that for them that way their room will be decorated for you and you wouldnt have to worry about how your going to decorate. How exciting you upgraded your inlaws to a balcony :D and without them knowing, cool! We also got the carnival Happy Anniversary champagne glasses, they are really nice!

Decorating will not be over the top, I bet they would LOVE it, I know I would :D We actually had the Happy Anniversary decorations from carnival and loved it, maybe you could order that for them that way their room will be decorated for you and you wouldnt have to worry about how your going to decorate. How exciting you upgraded your inlaws to a balcony :D and without them knowing, cool! We also got the carnival Happy Anniversary champagne glasses, they are really nice!

I talked to my husband since his parents never had a honeymoon and this is their first vacation since their youngest passed in 2005, this is what we figured out...

Contact BV and have them decorate for their anniversary a head of time, have the anniversary glasses with champagne delivered one evening ( I love surprises so I don't want to do it all at once), then have a honeymoon cake sent to the table one night.. That way they can officially have their honeymoon;)

I talked to my husband since his parents never had a honeymoon and this is their first vacation since their youngest passed in 2005, this is what we figured out...

Contact BV and have them decorate for their anniversary a head of time, have the anniversary glasses with champagne delivered one evening ( I love surprises so I don't want to do it all at once), then have a honeymoon cake sent to the table one night.. That way they can officially have their honeymoon;)

They will LOVE it :D

Bon Voyage has Carnival/Bon Voyage windbreakers for 14.95. Also Fun Gear packages that has a T-shirt, hat (or visor) and a small bag for 14.95. I have that ordered to be delivered to our cabin as a surprise for my hubby on our next cruise.

We're cruising with friends in a year or more. They drink WAY more than we do and are just fun people in general. Any good gift ideas?

I'd buy them a couple Bubba mugs. Very nice to have if they like to drink. They can smuggle or buy from BV. Safe, discreet way to tote around their drinks.

A co-worker was going on her first cruise for her honeymoon. I got her a canvas beach bag and filled it with a few handy things (small first aid kit, sewing kit, sunblock, aloe, immodium, advil, pepto, hand sanitizer etc).

This is what I did for my extended family in March. I gave them stuff like sample sized sunblock for their face, clothes pins to hang up their bathing suits in the bathroom, gum, candy, a pen and a puzzle book, just little knick knacks they probably didn't think of.

I even put beef jerky in there, and no one had any left! :-)

Hope this helps!

Shawn

I just wanted to say how sweet it was for your folks to upgrade your inlaws to the balcony, they are going to be so excited. One thing we have done in the past it to put inexpensive goodies (sometimes from the ports) into the little mailbox outside of folks rooms. We have never had a problem with someone stealing anything. For one gal we kept putting in goodies and denied it was us almost had her convinced that it was Carnival just being generous. Also toss in some soft ear plug into your cruise kit, sometimes they are handy if you are in a somewhat noisy area. Lydia of Ohio

Archived