First timer on a cruise question about MTD

trialsguy

I have read several threads on the what to wear to the formal night dining. I get the suit and tie part, but what about the other nights? We decided to prepay and are using the my time dining. I was told by friends that are cruising with us, who have cruised on several occasions that you are suppose to dress say in khaki pants and a polo shirt, or something like that for all dining occasions. Does this sound right?

Thanks

More questions to follow, getting closer to cruise date and we are getting excited and a little nervous at the same time.

The cruise casual nights (Carnival Term) slacks and polo shirts are very frequent as are dress shorts and polos. Some old school cruisers will do a shirt and tie on these nights and the do the tux thing on the elegant night(s). Jeans, t-shirts and baseball hats are not so welcome.

ChipQ http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

I have read several threads on the what to wear to the formal night dining. I get the suit and tie part, but what about the other nights? We decided to prepay and are using the my time dining. I was told by friends that are cruising with us, who have cruised on several occasions that you are suppose to dress say in khaki pants and a polo shirt, or something like that for all dining occasions. Does this sound right?

Thanks

More questions to follow, getting closer to cruise date and we are getting excited and a little nervous at the same time.

http://www.*****/carnival/maindiningroom.html#cdc

This is Carnivals dress code policy....:o

Thanks

Yes. For the main dining room, DH wears docker type slacks and a polo - I wear nice slacks and a blouse similar to what I used to wear to work.

If you're eating in the Windjammer shorts and tee or jeans are ok. For us what we wear for the evening depends on what we were doing after dinner. If we go to the theater for a show we go the dockers/polo - nice slacks/blouse route. For me, jeans just don't work for the theater.

Shorts are NOT permitted at dinner in the main dining room on Royal Caribbean - khakis and golf shirts will be fine for all but formal nights.

Thanks guys, Maybe I better pack a couple more polos, not sure how often we will get to the formal dining as I am windjammer kinda guy, But I will throw on a jacket and tie if need be. Yep we are sailing on the FOS, I was on here a ton when we first booked our cruise but it was killing us that we were 3 months out so I laid low but now just a couple weeks out and we are getting the pre cruise jitters on what to bring.

Shorts are NOT permitted at dinner in the main dining room on Royal Caribbean - khakis and golf shirts will be fine for all but formal nights.

The question is== is it enforced.?

On our voyager cruise it was not.

trialsguy --

I'm glad you are taking the jacket. Even if you are a windjammer kind of guy as you said, b/c you are bringing the jacket, khakis & some polos you have the option of eating in the dining rooms. If you want to go, great. If you don't, the windjammer is fine but you will be glad you have the choice. You are not limited to polos; any shirt with a color will be fine. You just shouldn't wear T-shirts.

Also, traditional uber casual flip flops & sneakers are also frowned upon at dinner. Your footwear should be something you can't wear into the water at the beach.

Thanks

I have always worn the khaki & polo outfit, I believe that I wore a tie & jacket on formal nights. I quit wearing a tux when mine got shrunk by the cleaners. They keep shrinking my other clothes too.

Gene

Archived