Bringing Soda on Board the Allure

We are sailing out June 3 on the Allure. I am a Diet coke addict but also a rule follower and I don't like to be "caught breaking rules". Can I bring on cases of soda in checked luggage?

We are sailing out June 3 on the Allure. I am a Diet coke addict but also a rule follower and I don't like to be "caught breaking rules". Can I bring on cases of soda in checked luggage?

No, but you can get all the Diet Coke you can drink with the soda package.

Actually, it does not say on the website that you cannot bring soda. I always bring bottled water and have seen on these boards that people have brought cases of soda and water and have even checked them seperately and never had a problem. The only thing they say is prohibited is alcoholic beverages. I would call and ask to make sure but I'm pretty sure it is allowed.

I had the remains of a 12 pack of diet coke in my carry on when I boarded two weeks ago. When it was xrayed, they noticed the cans and asked that I open the suitcase. They checked them all to make sure there weren't any beer cans intermingled, and then let me on the ship.

Needless to say, this really doesn't address the OP's question about a larger volume in checked luggage. It would seem though that the cans would set off some sort of an alert.

Actually, it does not say on the website that you cannot bring soda.

The following is from the RCI contract that you must sign:

Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or

non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use.Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them

Actually, it does not say on the website that you cannot bring soda. I always bring bottled water and have seen on these boards that people have brought cases of soda and water and have even checked them seperately and never had a problem. The only thing they say is prohibited is alcoholic beverages. I would call and ask to make sure but I'm pretty sure it is allowed.

Yes it does. Read again.

Updated: Just saw that somebody else posted where it does say that you can't bring non-alcoholic drinks.

I've seen it happen both ways...coke's being 'held' til the end of the cruise...and those who've slapped a luggage tag on the box and walked right through, no problems...

I will be taking a case of coke zero's with me on the Allure...as they don't offer coke zero on board. I'd happily buy a soda package if they did...maybe. 40 $ worth of soda is a lot for me...I might have one a day in the cabin out on the balcony, but generally prefer to buy the fruity umbrella drinks if I'm out and about...haha.:cool: And I've never had problems with the water from the tap on board...just sayin'. It's not evian or whatever, but I like water but don't want to have to pay extra for it. For what they charge for soda packages and a few bottles of water, I could have paid the bar bill for my whole cruise...[my part anyway:o]

My brother only drinks Diet Pepsi or Diet Mtn. Dew. He took a 6 pack of each in a carry on last October on the Allure with no problem. I only drink Diet Coke but did not bring any on board with me. Purchased what I wanted at the bars.

Last year and last week I brought a 12 pack of diet dr pepper, slapped a luggage tag on it and left it with the porters. Both times it arrived before my luggage did! It may be against the rules but I always buy a soda card and plenty of drinks, but like my DDP in the room.

I prefer Caffeine Free Diet Rite Cola.

I carry 4 6-packs on board in a bag. Every now and then they want to look in the bag but they have never confiscated them.

I always buy a soda card too but I can't drink a caffeinated soda in the few hours before bed time or I will never go to sleep.

I have taken soda on every cruise I have sailed on and never had a problem. Have gone out of San Juan, PC, FLL and Miami and always take it. Sometimes I check it (just did on both Allure and Oasis) in a small totelike cooler bag, sometimes I carry it on. No matter which way I take it, I have never had anyone take it away or give me any problems about it.

Archived