What did we and many others think of the 16 mill make over

thied

What did we and many others think of the 15 mill make over, in short not alot, as for the cruise, it was a great cruise. One would think they/P&O would have different names for the bars and all eating places and show room on each ship just to make each ship different, just to make a little better.

yeahh great cruise, checkin was a joke '' our new computer system has crashed and we have to go back to the old one'' '' go for a walk and come back in an hour'' great, on the boat the windows in the cabins were a disgrace try cleaning them p&o, many people had issues with there air con, freinds up on deck 9 had a water leak, and along our corridor on deck 6 there was water in the walkway. not very impressed with what they call a refurb, still looking forward to the png trip.

What did we and many others think of the 15 mill make over, in short not alot, as for the cruise, it was a great cruise. One would think they/P&O would have different names for the bars and all eating places and show room on each ship just to make each ship different, just to make a little better.

As a major share holder you must not be very happy .

yeahh great cruise, checkin was a joke '' our new computer system has crashed and we have to go back to the old one'' '' go for a walk and come back in an hour'' great, on the boat the windows in the cabins were a disgrace try cleaning them p&o, many people had issues with there air con, freinds up on deck 9 had a water leak, and along our corridor on deck 6 there was water in the walkway. not very impressed with what they call a refurb, still looking forward to the png trip.

They will have it all sorted for us by the PNG cruise.

Theid can you be more specific about the changes and what you thought about them...or anybody else that has sailed since the refurb please.

Sue

Theid can you be more specific about the changes and what you thought about them...or anybody else that has sailed since the refurb please.

Sue

Sue

there are many threads on what they changed, is there any thing you would like to ask about.

ps is the four PNG cruises?

I was interested in what you thought more specifically about the changes since you are familiar with the ship before and after the refurb. You sounded like you were not at all impressed.

Sue

as I did say before great cruise but the refurb was no all that good, the suites and mini suites are very well done, new crovering and lcd screens in show lounge, huge tv on the pool deck for the lounge people lol, new green fake grass as well, the new show was very bad a lot of people walked out. the comerdy club was just great both shows, new lazer shows great, ice cream place and grill,

new daycor in suites

IMG_6836.jpg

Looks like someone scribbled over the "art work" :D

It was Theid...he was bored with the so called makeover and thought he could improve it......

Hey Theid...I know who to look for now if ever we are on the same ship....."the guy with the big black hat" like Bazza McKenzie.

I think P&O aligning all the restaurant, bar, theatre names, etc totally makes sense. It's the same on most other cruise lines and creates a familiarity between the ships so you know what to expect. :)

New green fake grass as well. The new show was very bad a lot of people walked out.
Didn't the blue grass get replaced to green when the Dawn went into drydock last time :confused:.

What was wrong with the Pirate show? Isn't it Pirates 2? I guess if you haven't seen the first one, or came in part way through the show then it wouldn't make sense. Most people I know who have seen it thought it was funny and enjoyable, guess we must all have a sense of humour ;).

Didn't the blue grass get replaced to green when the Dawn went into drydock last time :confused:.

What was wrong with the Pirate show? Isn't it Pirates 2? I guess if you haven't seen the first one, or came in part way through the show then it wouldn't make sense. Most people I know who have seen it thought it was funny and enjoyable, guess we must all have a sense of humour ;).

What was wrong with the Pirate show? Isn't it Pirates 2?

whats the difference not alot except the lcd tv's, but then again I would say the most people just want the same thing over and over again on all cruise ships.

but we do not we would like them to change it up.

It was Theid...he was bored with the so called makeover and thought he could improve it......

Hey Theid...I know who to look for now if ever we are on the same ship....."the guy with the big black hat" like Bazza McKenzie.

has Bazza McKenzie been on a cruise ship, gee I thought he was dead.

whats the difference not alot except the lcd tv's, but then again I would say the most people just want the same thing over and over again on all cruise ships.

but we do not we would like them to change it up.

There is a lot of difference between the two actually. They are not the same show as it has different music, different storyline etc. The LCD screen is also used in other production shows on the PEarl and IMO enhances the performance.

There is a lot of difference between the two actually. They are not the same show as it has different music, different storyline etc. The LCD screen is also used in other production shows on the PEarl and IMO enhances the performance.
same show same music and songs and same story line, same treasure hunt, same game to find the treasure and use some one from the crowd, same game to dress the pirates useing two teams with 5 people in each team. e.g when I was a youg boy is just one of the songs. even still has the talking parrat next to the ships wheel at back of the stage.

same show same music and songs and same story line, same treasure hunt, same game to find the treasure and use some one from the crowd, same game to dress the pirates useing two teams with 5 people in each team. e.g when I was a youg boy is just one of the songs. even still has the talking parrat next to the ships wheel at back of the stage.

Oh so it's Pirate 1 with just a new screen behind it then. Still, the show whether it be 1 or 2 is mainly directed towards kids so don't be too hard on them. It's a lot of fun, with games, singing, adventure etc....all the stuff the kids love.

Oh so it's Pirate 1 with just a new screen behind it then. Still, the show whether it be 1 or 2 is mainly directed towards kids so don't be too hard on them. It's a lot of fun, with games, singing, adventure etc....all the stuff the kids love.
directed towards the children?

thats why children are not allowed in the first three rows and no children are not allowed to be part of the show or games.

I think P&O aligning all the restaurant, bar, theatre names, etc totally makes sense. It's the same on most other cruise lines and creates a familiarity between the ships so you know what to expect. :)
wouldnt be nice if each ship had its own thyme.., even though they all P&O Australia ships. not knowing what to expect would be half the fun, just like tring a new cruise line. please P&O change it up a little.

The big refurb was to bring back past cruises, but its still same same. but still enjoyable.

hi captain of?

I thought Bazza McKenzie dead years ago, I could be wrong or he could well a live in the grey world.

directed towards the children?

thats why children are not allowed in the first three rows and no children are not allowed to be part of the show or games.

It is the children who get to throw the fish into the nets during the show. All the Japanese charaters on stage in Pirates 2 are from childrens tv shows / movies / characters etc Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Pokemon, Hello Kitty.

The kids can't sit in the first few rows for safety reasons. If a performer falls off stage then they could cause serious injuries to a small child and also it helps to prevent children running up on stage during a performance.

It is the children who get to throw the fish into the nets during the show. All the Japanese charaters on stage in Pirates 2 are from childrens tv shows / movies / characters etc Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Pokemon, Hello Kitty.

The kids can't sit in the first few rows for safety reasons. If a performer falls off stage then they could cause serious injuries to a small child and also it helps to prevent children running up on stage during a performance.

none of this (It is the children who get to throw the fish into the nets during the shownot by children All the Japanese charaters on stage in Pirates 2 are from childrens tv shows / movies / characters etc Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Pokemon, Hello Kitty. )

I can just see a 10 yr old throwing a two kg fish 60 feet from deck 8 to the stage on deck 7 lol not but it was done adults

was in the pirates two on the Pacific Dawn last week.

Archived