Grand Cayman Shopping?

Kshecruiser0524

Hi cruisers,

This will be our first trip to Grand Cayman. It is just my husband and I and we will be on Carnival. We are thinking of skipping an excursion at this port and just doing some shopping, eating and visit a bar or two. Is this a good stop for stuff like that ? Any suggestions on where to go? Thanks for any help.

GC is VERY expensive, one of the more expensive countries!....not sure this is a bargain shopping place at all! Even restaurants are quite pricey, for what you get.

What other ports will you visit? One of them may be better for shopping.

On GC, the beach is quite nice...no excursion needed at all! Buses are just outside the port area...$2.50 pp. Beaches have chair/umbrella rentals, as well as watersport stuff. Restrooms and restaurants are up and down the beach.

We are also going to Cozmel, Belize and Roatan. A beach wouldn't be bad either. We were thinking more window shopping for the most part though but if it is pricey maybe we would try some where else in case we find things we like. What about bars? Any fun places to hang out and get a drink? This is our first cruise so we have never been to any of the ports.

We went to the beach, and when the sun got too hot, we went to a restaurant/bar right on the beach....had some nice, cold beer (but they had a full bar, too!) and a burger.....still got the "beach vibe", but were out of that sun! I wish I could remember the name of the place, but it was near the Seagrape beach entrance. We did our "window shopping" before we headed to the beach...the shops are right across from the dock! We were hoping to find a place with live music, but apparently, that's fairly rare!

GC is very clean and pleasant, and folks are friendly.

I would think Cozumel would be a better shopping destination, pricewise, depending on what you're looking for!

I would head for The Royal Palms Beach Bar & Grill on Seven Mile Beach for a bit of R&R on the beach with conch fritters & drinks.

Or

Stay in George Town & go to Hammerheads Bar (just to the side of the cruise dock).

Even better...do both :D

Grand Cayman is a great place to wander the town and window shop. There are plenty of stores, little malls, restaurants and bars. You will have no problem finding places to eat, drink and shop. There are a lot of higher end (vs. Cozumel) stores, but there are also a lot of neat touristy shops as well. Enjoy!

We were at Cozumel, GEORGE TOWN, GRAND CAYMAN ISLAND, and Jamaica this past March. Caymans is the only place I said I would like to go back and JUST walk around the town and explore. It looked very interesting and very safe and easy to walk around.

If you're going to skip an excursion, Grand Cayman is the best place to skip it. You can fill an entire day just checking out the various shops, restaurants, and bars within walking distance of the port. A couple blocks from the port is Margaritaville. On their top deck is a complimentary pool and waterslide.

Great shopping at KIRK FREEPORT... there is also an outdoor mall called camana bay .... its really nice about 2 miles north of the port. taxi will cost you $10 bus will cost you 2.50

as for bars STAY AWAY FROM THE PORT !!! margarittaville charges $49 for a bucket of 5 beers!!!! we went to calico jacks and royal palms really nice

grand cayman diving

Archived